In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PAC-12 and Big-10 cancel Fall sports

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Politics

Couldn't happen to a more racist and misguided organization than colleges in general including all too many of their sports programs thanks to the Kapernik BLM movement activists that infest them. Ya gotta love it!

What's next?

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we can agree to disagree...
    Every year I look forward to the Fall. The color changes across the country, the cooler temperatures, the smells which accompany that time of year, dry leaves and the chimneys wafting the smoke of pleasantly burning wood fires. And College Football, of course!
    I have been an ardent fan of College Football since I was old enough to appreciate watching it either from the stands or on television. The revelries which accompany each contest, the joy of the crowds, school spirit, and love of competition between rivals.
    Are there some things which need changing in College Football? Of course, just as with nearly every pursuit and business application taking place in the world today. We are surrounded, inundated and bludgeoned by the news cycles hammering away at the practices which we object to, some more than others, some with much greater implications.
    We will fix the drawbacks to College Football, mostly by correcting those who control it. But this is no reason to totally castigate a sport which brings so many together every Saturday for a few hours of fun and competition. 
    Let the fun begin!
    Best.

• Options

Nononesense: Thanks for your comments. I, too, dedicated much of my life to playing and coaching football, baseball and basketball. Unfortunately this is where I'm at in life on any sport where rampant racism is allowed. These type players need to shut the hell up or leave the team. Hopefully, things will return to normal, but I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Best to you, too.

What's next?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    Kimi, you and my mother are the two most dedicate college football fans in this nation. My mother is all about Notre Dame, and we're not even catholic. ND is an independent, so rather than the Big 10, I suppose they'll play most of their games against the ACC. 

My question is what happens to all of that TV broadcast money? Division I universities are addicted to TV money like public schools are to the lottery, but I can't see the networks paying for games which aren't paid.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Absolute stupidity. Football is a money maker. Wealth gained form sports is as much or as close as tuition. Watch as these people will soon be begging the Fed for help.  

Having said that, and considering the garbage and partisan Marxist indoctrination emanation from colleges particularly on the west coast these days, having great time find a reason to give a ^%$%$it. 
  • Options
    Kimi, you and my mother are the two most dedicate college football fans in this nation. My mother is all about Notre Dame, and we're not even catholic. ND is an independent, so rather than the Big 10, I suppose they'll play most of their games against the ACC. 

My question is what happens to all of that TV broadcast money? Division I universities are addicted to TV money like public schools are to the lottery, but I can't see the networks paying for games which aren't paid.
    Hi Mark,

Your Mom sounds like someone I'd really like to be around when it comes to sharing some great football memories!  As a kid and living in a housing project in Beaumont, Texas, most of us kids had two teams, with one usually being a Texas team...and then Notre Dame.  This brings to mind some very fond memories of those childhood days, our activities, and friends of the family.

The last I read about ND for this year leads me to believe that they might become a member of the ACC, but I have not kept up with any college football news other than some info about teams trying to keep a lid on the BLM protesters/accomplices and their ever present racist demands that seem to saturate college football today.  Likewise on the money end of things, but you seem to have pegged a sore point that will certainly paly a role in their communications.

Have a great day, friend!  And, say hello to your Mom for me!
    What's next?