In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Us vs. Them mentality

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Politics
It surely seems like it's going to be the end of us if we can't work around this apparently hard-wired attitude.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    Pertaining to what exactly?
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about far left liberal policies then I am US. Their platform is a syphon for disaster of the nation. imo
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean the group of folks with personal integrity, morality, and motivation vs EVERYONE  ELSE there is no "work around".
    We've let the low enders, the feral animals, and the entitlement generation go too far to EVER not be "us vs them". The BLeeMers have shown their "true colors" and are in full revolt mode. As far as I'm concerned there is no going back.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭
    To which 'them' do you refer? Antifa, BLM, Democrats in general, China, Russia, Iran, Muslim terrorists? 
    Sometimes there is no real good middle ground that both parties can stand on. 
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    Let me share an example of Us v. Them that just really made it hit home to me how much this affects our world and to show this is much more than politics.

An organization that I belong to has a separate group for the ladies. The ladies had asked the primary group for assistance in funding some charitable objective. A motion was made to provide the funding with the caveat that "we" get the credit in any associated media like ads or flyers. I was just flabbergasted. Our members all understood the project and who was doing it and the public would make no differentiation between the primary group and the ladies. But OMG "we" [the males] have to get credit for this.

To quote Rodney King, "Can't just all get along?"
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about far left liberal policies then I am US. Their platform is a syphon for disaster of the nation. imo
    That sucks.

Don

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    "To which 'them' do you refer?"

ALL of "them".
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    A Black Rapper Here in Houston Texas gave 30,000 dollars for Vanessa Guillen a Hispanic army soldier murdered & stationed at Ft. Hood Texas. Now how much you wanna bet if it was a white person was murdered by a black soldier that the rapper would have acted the same way. Us vs. Them mentality is what this story is about in my opinion.
                                                       serf
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/08/13/houston-rapper-trae-tha-truth-raises-30k-for-vanessa-guillens-family/
     “I just want to let them know, they are not alone,” Thompson said in a video posted to Instagram. “Black and brown: we are in this together. I stand with them.”