In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

no surprise

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
on another auction site I bid on a item the seller started at 99 cents and and I think 20.00 to ship it
 for what it was it was a low demand part and I had a feeling I would win and the seller would never ship it
     my guess   the shipping was close if not right on due to the weight but due to no other bidders and the effort and cost of selling and shipping  he would  change  his mind .
        so I won paid  with in a hour and a few hours later a message ( surprise ) 
 I am so sorry I sold the item local I forgot I listed it on the auction and some how it just slipped my mind and how do I refund your payment ?
  not the money issue it was only 21.00   he did refund it after I explained how to do it , but the ethical issue of being a dead beat seller 
      I have sold and shipped items I lost my butt on to uphold my end of a deal and sure many of you have also 
 just venting but buying and selling both have bad experiences

besides I doubt if he had the original box LOL  

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I had something similar happen last year- sold it locally and forget to pull the listing. Sure. The seller had a history of such events, but no action was taken. I never bothered to follow up to see if he's still playing the same game.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought an AR from a large SC firearms company,on their website and paid when I bought it.About 10 minutes later I got an e-mail telling me the price was wrong on the site and if I wanted the rifle it would be another 3or 400 bucks.I cancelled the order.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it did happen as he said, sounds pretty honest to me, your getting your money back....don't think an out-right crook would offer do that,  just my opinion. We've got to have faith in our fellow man  ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    If that happens to me there will be an F feedback.  Don't list what you don't have or do not intend to sell.   If selling online is in your business model you need to honor the contract.   Having something for sell both online and in the store may make sense to some business owners but I am not understanding on this practice.  As a  buyer I am not willing to deal with the situation so me, and others like me, are not on that sellers potential buyers list.   I've passed on several things because of this.