In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I must have some sort of "white car" disability of some kind, so I've ordered a sticker to help out

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
I don't know why.....but it seems my brain draws a total blank when it comes to which car is mine in a parking lot these days.    Several times now I've found myself reaching for the door handle of things that are not mine.   It doesn't even have to be the same KIND of car.....white Taho, Explorer, whatever.....if its white I might just get in it.   (I haven't done that yet, but I can see it coming if I don't stop.)

There are a million white things in any parking lot though.....so you have to give me a TINY break.

I do have tons of firearm related stickers, but I'm not a fan of putting them on your car because people just might try to break in thinking you have a gun in there.     So, I've ordered a Rat Rod "Fink" sticker for my car.     I'll be the only 2020 Highlander with that one (hopefully.)

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    You will need 4 stickers...front, back, left side, right side.  You may as well get a 5th for the roof as well.
    Post a pic.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    If your vehicle still has an antenna, add something to that.  A plastic graduation cap worked many years for us on an old Subaru.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,665 ******
    Similar story-:
    My wife and daughter go to Walmart. Daughter comes out first and gets in the wrong car. When she sees her mom get in the right car, she jumps out and runs to mom’s car. 
    Now get this:
    When they get to daughter’s house, she realizes she’s left her cell phone in the wrong car! 
    Of, course, when they get back to the store, car and phone are gone. They call her cell phone and a lady answers. The lady lives close and after explaining what happened, the cell phone was retrieved.
    I make a point of reminding the of the story frequently. 
  • Options
    Too funny!    I have used the key fob to make the lights blink....and that helps a lot, but you feel silly when you realize you are in the wrong isle and it has been blinking behind you.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    At one point in my life, was living on airplanes and in motel rooms.  Walk out of Hampton Inn in in the morning, try to remember what rental car you drove there.  Thank god for the key fob blinky things!!!
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
     love the old rat fink art
    just hit the panic button on the key fob like most do any more 

many years ago a co-worker when the Big malls were the place to be took his date they went to a mall walked around talking 
     when they left his car was gone ,, he called the police was mad as all get out 
     so the police had him take a ride around the parking lot just in case  some one had took a joy ride or .. ( my bet not there first time stolen car was misplaced )  well they found it 
     sure enough he went in one side of the mall after a couple hours of walking and talking , him and his date walked out the other side   of the mall , he said it looked  the same parking lot just the other side of the buildings  .  but at the time he did not know the mall  had the other parking on the other side of the buildings   .  he said noting like impressing your date and the police at once and feeling like a dumb * 
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Went to San Antonio for the National Sporting Clays shoot in 1999.  Had just bought a white suburban.  Not thinking anything about it when I went to shoot Friday morning the parking lot was not very crowded, but when I came out that afternoon there must have been 40 white suburbans.  Fortunately I guess I was the only one with a Tennessee tag.
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Hit The key fob and the car will let you know where it is. I came out of a mall in Framingham, Mass that had matching parking garages on each end. I spent a while wondering where my work van was.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    Ed "Big Daddy" Roth was quite the artist and designer.
  • Options
    There is a mall out here that has two parking garages on each side.....with JC Penny in the center.       You would have to take a mental note of what stores were on the side when you came out or you could be looking for your car in the wrong one.
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    If attracted to white only might make you termed the discrimination type, racial profiling. Be careful.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    I flew home from a 3 week business trip last fall at night and 100% forgot where I parked my rig.

Then remembered that the iphone, because it had been bluetooth linked to the car, had a 'parked car' feature in maps.

Opened up maps and was directed to within about 10 feet.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

It's much easier for me to find my way into, and out of the woods than it is to find my car in the parking lot at work after being out of town for 2 or 3 days.

BTW LF,

I love your sticker!

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Back in the late 90's I bought a Blue Chevy Lumina.  There were at least 20 of them around our town and everywhere we went there would be a bunch of them in parking lots.   It was my bride's car, so I found this Spiderman head and stuck it on the 
    antenna.  Never had an issue finding it after that ! 
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    give the grandkids some paint, bet they could decorate the hood so you will be able to find it...........
  • Options
    I should have it done up like a low rider......dingle balls hanging in the windows, the virgin Mary on the hood, some colored aluminum wheels and a special horn to announce my entry into every parking lot.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    I walked out of Walmart, right up to my truck, hit the "unlock" button and both my truck and the Explorer next to it unlocked. Hit "lock", both locked. I finally shrugged, unlocked them, Manually locked the Explorer, got in  my truck and drove away. I guess there are just so many "codes" out there.