In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun store fire update

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Now it appears that the store I worked in was broken into , robbed and set on fire to cover it up . ATF has posted a reward in the case but will not let us post details about what was stolen . It is thought to have been an organized gang and not just a random thief. They broke in thru the roof after disabling the alarm systems

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Does that help, in the Insurance aspect, as far as rebuilding it goes?

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Most likely it will have no impact as to insurance coverage . Does explain the missing inventory, and keeps us out of trouble with the guys in the dark suits .

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Seems like if it was intentional, and at no fault of the Owner/employees, the insurance Co. would be more obligated to make you whole.

Hope so for the owner . My guy was leasing from the owner . Not privy to the lease details , but I suspect overall it will work out .

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only person thinking BLM/Antifa?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you in Goldsboro?
    RLTW

Many years ago a gunshop in Anchorage, AK burned. After a period of time the fire/smoke/water damage inventory was turned over to a local auction company.

A date prior to the auction was set for inspection. A friend and I showed up to what appeared to be Elvis' funeral. We had to park many blocks away and hike to the Auction House (Hess, IIRC). The line stretched out the door, down the sidewalk and around the corner. It was quite a social event. There were mountain men, trappers, pilots, lawyers, cops, soldiers, airmen, housewives and more.

I had just purchased a new Ruger single-action 357 magnum which listed new for $119.

Day of the auction after much advertising and anticipation. As a young airman with a family I didn't make have money and Anchorage during the pipeline construction was expensive. However, I scraped together some dollars hoping to purchase myself a moose rifle at a reasonable price.

I arrived early at the Auction House only to discover what appeared to be the double funeral of Elvis and Will Rodgers!

The first few guns appeared to sell for much more than they were worth. Potiental buyers were shooting sideway glances at each other.

The auctioneer cautioned before each item went on the block, "You must have this firearm checked by a gunsmith before firing it. You must sign our wavier before taking possession of your purchase."

Next item up was a Ruger single-action 357 Magum.

After the frenzied bidding, without box and without grips (burned? Water damage?) It sold for $160.

I went home. I suppose most all those guns are are still hanging around Alaska, somewhere.

So, the circus has not yet come to town.

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭

Many years ago a gunshop in Anchorage, AK burned. After a period of time the fire/smoke/water damage inventory was turned over to a local auction company.

A date prior to the auction was set for inspection. A friend and I showed up to what appeared to be Elvis' funeral. We had to park many blocks away and hike to the Auction House (Hess, IIRC). The line stretched out the door, down the sidewalk and around the corner. It was quite a social event. There were mountain men, trappers, pilots, lawyers, cops, soldiers, airmen, housewives and more.

I had just purchased a new Ruger single-action 357 magnum which listed new for $119.

Day of the auction after much advertising and anticipation. As a young airman with a family I didn't make have money and Anchorage during the pipeline construction was expensive. However, I scraped together some dollars hoping to purchase myself a moose rifle at a reasonable price.

I arrived early at the Auction House only to discover what appeared to be the double funeral of Elvis and Will Rodgers!

The first few guns appeared to sell for much more than they were worth. Potiental buyers were shooting sideway glances at each other.

The auctioneer cautioned before each item went on the block, "You must have this firearm checked by a gunsmith before firing it. You must sign our wavier before taking possession of your purchase."

Next item up was a Ruger single-action 357 Magum.

After the frenzied bidding, without box and without grips (burned? Water damage?) It sold for $160.

I went home. I suppose most all those guns are are still hanging around Alaska, somewhere.

So, the circus has not yet come to town.

To make a short story long............... Don

Sam06 , I live in Goldsboro The shop was in Lagrange , about 10 miles from my home and from GOLDSBORO

• hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Local tobacco outlet burned near my house a few nights ago.  The walls were made of concrete blocks and some of them fell down due to the heat.  ummmmm. 

The person leasing the property has two other tobacco stores in nearby cities.  Bet his inventory at the other stories are full up.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only person thinking BLM/Antifa?

I doubt it. These people had the ability to disarm the security system. None of the members of BLM or ANTIFA are smart enough to do that.
    dcon12 said:
    To make a short story long............... Don
    Don't let the big words slow you down.  Just keep reading and it will soon make sense.
    If it does not make sense, ask the neighbor kid to point out the "BACK" button to you.