In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FedEx shipping charges

Big_cigarBig_cigar Member Posts: 1

I sent a shipment using gunbroker ship service. It seemed expensive. I then checked the same weight and zip code directly at FedEx and it was much cheaper. Any experience on that topic? Does GB take a fee on the the shipping?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Big_cigar said:

Does GB take a fee on the the shipping?

If they do, I'm not getting any of it. Anyone in the forum ever use the GB shipping services? 
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I use them exclusively. It is cheaper for me to use it course I only use USPS. YES, I have checked with my local USPS and GB is cheaper. Fed Ex and cheap are oxymoron's imo.

I might also add that way there is a clear seller/buyer paper trail right here on this sight. And it can pay dividends when people say "their item never shipped to me."   :/
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Pirate Ship.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't trust the Fed Ex website.......I'm betting that Gun Broker is showing the true charge and the direct website is an "estimate".    We've gone round and round with Fed Ex and I eventually stopped using them because of this.     

What they do to us......we enter the addresses and create a label, I charge the customer what the label says and AFTER the package is delivered I'm charged mysterious "added" fees.   They say its because of residential delivery and being outside the mysterious circle where they say they can charge extra fuel charges.   They know all of these things when you create the label......but they are banking on you not realizing they will charge extra fees afterward and you will use them to ship when you see the initial charge.

I shipped a box of ammo that was $32.00 to ship.......a month later I was charged another $9.00 in added fees.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    I set up an on line Fedex account, and weigh and measure all my packages at home. IIRC, by doing it myself, it saves me 8%. I recently checked, and they beat both UPS and USPS for price. Shipping is no longer cheap...
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a Fedex account for many years, do nothing to make it easier for them, & still get an 8% discount.
    You have to take insurance into account when calculating relative cost.  USPS charges about twice as much for insurance as UPS or Fedex.  Insurance is one of the few services on which they actually make a profit.
    Neal