In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pietta S.A. ???

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
OK : 
Got a New in Box Pietta S.A. Blue  model 1873
.357 revolver , Received it as a 'present' from a good friend a few years ago !
Never been out of the box , 
Any ideas on Value / quality , ect. ???
Thanks !!!

The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Check the auction, for any recent sales. I believe, there have been at least couple/3 Italian manufacturers, of replica single actions. Over the years. As I remember selling some back in the 80's, under the Mitchel name. They were very cosmetically attractive, with the case hardened frames. And sold for less than Ruger Blackhawk's, their closest U.S. competitor. Although they couldn't stand up, to a steady diet of magnum loads like the Blackhawk's.

Far as I'm concerned, all the Italian replica single actions, would be in the same ball park value wise. No matter what name their sold under. Recently have even seen some,  with the Beretta name. This might have some affect, on some folks who didn't know any better?
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Pietta is a step below Uberti but not by much. Brand new unfired should fetch $450-$500

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
    rufe-snow said:
    Check the auction, for any recent sales. I believe, there have been at least couple/3 Italian manufacturers, of replica single actions. Over the years. As I remember selling some back in the 80's, under the Mitchel name. They were very cosmetically attractive, with the case hardened frames. And sold for less than Ruger Blackhawk's, their closest U.S. competitor. Although they couldn't stand up, to a steady diet of magnum loads like the Blackhawk's.

Far as I'm concerned, all the Italian replica single actions, would be in the same ball park value wise. No matter what name their sold under. Recently have even seen some,  with the Beretta name. This might have some affect, on some folks who didn't know any better?
    +1 on your comments regarding durability and value.

The Beretta blackpowders you saw are rebranded Ubertis. Uberti is run by the Benelli division of Beretta holdings.  I sold all 3, Pietta, Uberti and Beretta, and quality seemed to be equal. I know some SASS shooters that use them but they almost think of them as disposable. Nice guns but not worth putting a lot of bucks in for repairs. Bob
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK : 
    Just thinking it will stay in the safe : as is ???
    Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Just me but it’s not some old collectible Colt SAA. I’d get or make some cowboy loads and shoot it.