In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alaskan humor

Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
Our local cartoonist Chad Carpenter draws the Tundra series, enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    looks alot like the farside series........  faces and body shapes, not to mention the humor
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Now you have done it.  I spent 35 years in Alaska.

Two old Alaskan hunting buddies finally saved up enough money to take a vacation so they went to Hawaii for 2 weeks.
    They saw all the sights, 
    Near the end of the trip they visited a nude beach to "round-out" their tan.  As the lounged in their loungers, with a drink in hand, they silently watched a very voluptuous young lady slink by, totally nude.  
    Nanuq907 turned to bustedknee and asked, "Woooowee, how would you like to see her in a tight sweater?"

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    NOW we're talking.  Tight sweaters and hip waders on voluptuous huntresses?   
      I understand the current fad is fisherwomen in bikinis, but I can't see that taking hold here.

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I have very fond memories of duck hunting on the Bradley flats and the Fox river on the Kenai.  They were some of the best hunting days of my life hunting the tidal flats, pulling in deeks by rope as the tide rose.  I will never forget the sound of Mergansers flying 6 feet overhead sounding like a jet fighter.  A merganser can fly over 100 MPH.  It is one fast duck.  If you shoot one, wrap it in cow scat, bake at 350 for 35 minutes, toss the Merganser eat the cow scat.  They are fish eaters and taste HORRIBLE.
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    I have very fond memories of duck hunting on the Bradley flats and the Fox river on the Kenai.  They were some of the best hunting days of my life hunting the tidal flats, pulling in deeks by rope as the tide rose.  I will never forget the sound of Mergansers flying 6 feet overhead sounding like a jet fighter.  A merganser can fly over 100 MPH.  It is one fast duck.  If you shoot one, wrap it in cow scat, bake at 350 for 35 minutes, toss the Merganser eat the cow scat.  They are fish eaters and taste HORRIBLE.

I knew a city dude guy that had 6-8 kids, 9 mo's and 10 minutes apart in ages  and He did not hunt but liked the taste of wild game and he liked to fix rabbits, doves, ducks, etc, 
    I gave this City Dude a pile of them Mergnasers (water Turkeys) one evening and told him that they are geese.
    He called me about 10PM at night and woke me up in bed and asked how to get the feathers off them geese, said they are hard to pick and lots of pin feathers. He apoligized for waking me up but said his wife was at work and he was trying to get them dressed before she got home and he had to go to work early next morning. I told him to skin them, but he wanted to pick them for some reason. I told him to get a big pot of water and get it boiling and stir and dunk them and the feather will come out easy.
    Couple days later he called and said to not bring him anymore of that type Geese, they taste horrible, and when trying to dunk in the boiling water the whole house is still stinking, curtains got so damp and heavy they tore down the hangers and stink. Wife is trying to get the stink out of the house. He said some kind of little varmit was crawling up his arms and got in his hair and now he has head lice. (duck lice)
    He said apparently that must be where the term SOS (XXit on a shingle originated)
    I tried to eat a small type hooded merganser once, it was terrible.
    He would only accept wild game from me and my huntin buddies that he was familiar with after that experience. 

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    In that first picture. Cannot see that animal. Cannot call it out in the Open.
    Time for a sound shot.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******

I made jerky out of a common merganser.

Would of made a fortune if I charged for guesses on what the meat was. 😆.

Even *, it still smelled and tasted of fish.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Learned real early that ducks with teeth weren't the ones to shoot...
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Oakie, you made me roar with laughter!   They are ducks but not ones meant for human consumption.  Surf Scooters are another fish eater to wrap in cow scat....  Oh my, the memories those trips bring back!
  • Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Accidently killed a big merganser that came in too low and fast. Green head, white breast, bang! Cooked and ate it.  Not as bad as I expected but never  shot another one.
  • Options
    Same goes with bears.  Once they've been on the salmon, don't eat them.  You want the springtime black bears just out of hibernation that are eating grasses and berries.  They taste like good sirloin steak.  Brown bears are permanently nasty.

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

1 more?

2 0ld Alaskan buddies were drinking Olys in the Denali Bar about 2 am, downtown Anchorage.

"Ya know, shumpin I really like is ice feeshing - 'bout you?" Asks one.

"Yep, me too." Replies the other, "I jus wish they wuz someplace round cheer where we could ice fish...I got my stuff ina car."

"Waaall, I know a place! Get us some Olys tago and I'll show ya."

2 0ld Alaskan buddies, full of Olys are standing by a freshly chopped hole in the ice.

"No feesh!" Exclaims the first one.

His buddy plops down on the ice, pulls his parka up over his head to block out the light and looks in the hole, "Yer right, ain't no blamed fish down nar." He says.

A loud voice from above booms, "THERE ARE NO FISH DOWN THERE!"

"See?" Says the guy sprawled on the ice, "God knows there ain't no fish here."

The loud voice from above booms again ,...

"THIS IS NOT GOD -- THIS IS THE RINK MANAGER!"

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Now you have done it.  I spent 35 years in Alaska.

Two old Alaskan hunting buddies finally saved up enough money to take a vacation so they went to Hawaii for 2 weeks.
    They saw all the sights, 
    Near the end of the trip they visited a nude beach to "round-out" their tan.  As the lounged in their loungers, with a drink in hand, they silently watched a very voluptuous young lady slink by, totally nude.  
    Nanuq907 turned to bustedknee and asked, "Woooowee, how would you like to see her in a tight sweater?"

That's funny right there.  
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

Tundra is a HOOT!
  • Options