In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

wow whadahell was that?

discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
go ahead and pee on the fence.  it will be fun they said....lieing bastages 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fwtkC5UJU

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Seen one of my younger cousins do that back in the day. Rather amusing. (For me.)

Also remember riding horses, with me behind my Sister on her horse. There was an electric fence going up and over a gate. Caught my Sister right below the chin and swept her off the back of the horse. She did not think it was very funny. I was choking I was laughing so hard. 😂

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    When we were young my brother stood on the field side of the fence and I stood in the short grass his side was wet with dew and I guess the long grass helped ground him better? Anyway I could hold the fence and felt a shock but from his side it was knocking him off. LOL What ever the reason I sure thought it was funny as hell.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Oh the joys of electric fence. Putting in a garden one year, my wimpy sister threw a fit and went running to the house. She didn't like work or getting dirty.

Broadsided the electric fence with her forehead (lead from house to field). She looked like she had hit an invisible wall. Feet flew out from under her, as they kept going but her head didn't. Felt bad afterward for her but it was as if Karma smacked her a good one.

Dad was always cutting green twigs and having us check the line. Owweee. He would bare hand it, no issue.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    got caught up in a electric barb wire as a kid i was honkin like a goose every 2 tenths of a sec
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Someone here has a story about grabbing a running lawnmowers spark plug wire and passing out, that is freakin' hysterical.

• Options
    tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    As kids we would lay a stalk of broam grass on the wire, it dampened the charge and you could feel little pulses shooting up your arm.  I was by myself doing that one day and looked over and saw a big patch of asparagus.  I picked the biggest stalk that was about two feet long and a inch in diameter.  Layed that sucker on the wire and BAM!  next thing I knew i was looking up at the blue sky, got up and shook myself off.  My arm and shoulder were numb.  Learned a valuable science lesson that day.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    Had an electric wire fence to keep my dogs in and my sister in law was railing about how bad I was. Wearing tennis shoes I walked out and grabbed the wire and said to her "see its nothing to worry about here come on out and grab my hand". She was barefoot and it lit her right up.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭

Grew up farming . Raised thousands of hogs on the ground and ran untold miles of electric fences . Even in our commercial chicken house the feeders had electric fences mounted on them to prevent the chicken from roosting on the feeder . Been lit up more times than I can count . And yes , peeing on one will get your attention.

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    When I was teaching middle school science I used hot fences for the voltage/amperage example.
    Amazed at the number of times a boy comment, "I peed on a hot fence once. . ."  Sometimes on a bet, sometimes by accident, but always good for a laugh.

Dad talked the power company into installing a drop on a post near his fields (since bad folks had stolen all the wires on the place) and he'd pay the minimum each month and they could read it once a year and he'd pay for any overage (never did happen) but one time he was checking the fence when his cowboy partner was out of town and found the fuse was blown, and that there wre a bunch of blown fuses on the ground.  He got to checking and found they'd hooked the 110v outlet up with 220 volts.  Bet some calves didn't try the wire a second time!

Then one night (before the wires got stolen) he'd installed the new "weed clipper" 110v powered fence charger in the old shop and ran the wire from the peak of the shop roof to a tall pole in the field so he could drive under it.  I'd been plowing all day on that field and it was after 9pm when he came to pick me up.  He parked his pickup under that overhead wire where the CB antenna would touch it and he could hear it snap as it charged the body of the truck.

So when I walked up and grabbed the door handle I got bit.  Jumped back about six feet as he laughed, then told me to "get in, supper's waiting."  I waved him forward and made sure it was well clear of wire before getting in truck.

Dad explained, "I just wanted to make sure you weren't too tired.
    If you said you were tired after a 12-14 hour day plowing he'd look at you like you were addled and say, "But the tractor did all the work."

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I had a pulsing type doggie electric fence wire around top of a 4 ft chain link fence to keep my squirrel dogs from climbing the fence and a spring loaded plastic handle latch at each gate so as to get through the gate. I was high stepping and in a hurry one very hot day and I unhooked the latch and when I stepped through the gate the dangling electric fence latch hook caught in my long sleeve shirt cuff at the wrist and the shirt was damp from sweat. 
    When I finally broke free from the wire latch hung in my shirt sleeve cuff I only had about half of the shirt still on and my britches were very wet in the crotch area, not from sweat. Sure was glad I did not have a audience when that happened. (and I'm a electrician and do not like to be shocked)
    I was more careful from then on when entering and exiting the gates area.

I seen my dad's old * work mules walk up to his electric fence and slowly move their nose towards the wire. They could sense somehow through their nose hairs when the fence was on/off. If off they would eat grass by the wire.