In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Big Brother incident

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Politics
A Maryland teacher sent police to search a home for weapons after seeing a BB gun in the background during a virtual class. They had no warrant and no probable cause but the veteran allowed them to come in anyway. The excuse was gun free school zone even though the child was in his own home and the gun was properly stored and unloaded. The boy had no idea anyone could even see it in the background.
Here's my stupid question, suppose it had been a loaded shotgun in the corner of the room? What then? Even in that case what crime had been committed?
Link to story
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

That can be turned around on her very easily if a couple "students," claim she did something innapropriate on her/their computers.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    In Illinois you can be charges with child endangerment unless locked up. We have thankfully a great sheriff but we have some teachers than bleed liberal spew and are to the left of Kammy Harris.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you Warbirds!!  The money I spent on a private Christian school was the best money I have ever spent!!  My son, now 21, has told me the two most important things I ever did for him were teaching him how to work and putting him in a Christian school!!

My son ended up in a private Christian school because a substitute teacher told his class to go ahead and talk quietly for the last ten minutes of class.  My son, than eleven, and another boy were talking about their 22 rifles.  The sub was horrified, took them to the principles office and they got a four day in school suspension.  This was the middle of May at the end of Uri's 5th grade year.  Uri started 6th grade at a private Christian school.  Recently he has told me that he can't believe how much more he knows than the average community college students he has in his classes.  He said it is all due to his private school education and their public school lack of education.   
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Warbirds said:

I spend a fortune on private school for my 3 boys.

This year at the “meet the teacher” event the schools founder started her speech something like this:

”We do not care what the government wants. This school will do what is best for the children and families that attend this school.”

Reminds me of a principal down in Mississippi that I met, who runs the school the way the parents want it to be.  They have had this attitude all along.
    What's next?
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Public government schools are leftist DEMOCRAT indoctrination centers. Yes there are few exceptions mostly in areas uninfluenced by the big cities and their school zones along with the lure of federal dollars.

Checkout some of the "Approved" texts to see what children are being fed, especially history and social studies.

Agree. Home schooling and private schooling is best.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    JB Prickster has made law in Illinois about teaching LGBTQ people and all they have accomplished, mandatory in public schools. Liberals are very sick people. kind of like a rabid raccoon, running around in daylight and can't see anything.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,079 ✭✭✭✭
    "Child safety" trumps search warrant in East California. Another reason to have a drop cloth behind the kid. I can imagine what's behind high school students. Half necked pics, butt plugs and dildos swaying like bobble head dolls. I suppose that'll be A-Okay.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the original incident as an indictment of public education.  It's the hoplophobe's version of "swatting". 
    The police should have charged the caller with filing a false report.  Considering that most of Maryland is liberal, that will never happen.
    Neal
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    It takes a bit of duct tape about 1/2 inch square to fix that.   Right over the lens.  
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    A Maryland teacher sent police to search a home for weapons after seeing a BB gun in the background during a virtual class. They had no warrant and no probable cause but the veteran allowed them to come in anyway. The excuse was gun free school zone even though the child was in his own home and the gun was properly stored and unloaded. The boy had no idea anyone could even see it in the background.
    Here's my stupid question, suppose it had been a loaded shotgun in the corner of the room? What then? Even in that case what crime had been committed?
    Link to story
    What would have happened if he had two or more gun safes in the house full of a lifetime collection?.........and a reloading setup in a spare bedroom or garage..........with thousands of rounds of ammo..................which more than one here DO have? 

GOD............I love TEXAS and thank you every day that I am a native of this state.
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be the third.
    I paid what amounted to another house payment when I had three kids in a Christian school.  Best money I ever spent.
    Not just because of the curriculum but, because the families were paying to be there, there was more effort to succeed rather than just being a babysitting situation.
    And I never worried about the boys being allowed into the girls' bathroom, or which gender they associated as.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Typical left alarmist 
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
     "They had no warrant and no probable cause but the veteran allowed them to come in anyway."
    That's where the mistake was made. The cops knew they were WRONG and the homeowner shouldn't have allowed them in w/o the warrant. In the meantime a call to the local TV station might have changed the attitude of the "Gestapo" cops about raiding w/o a warrant.