In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stupidity at Goodyear Tire

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
I really thought that was going to be fake news or a seriously exaggerated story. I'm guessing a lot of individual dealers are extremely unhappy with corporate.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    clear back when i was in high school we sold loads of goodyear tires thru the service station......distributor was in a larger town 50 miles away and was always running ads for big sales and selling around what we had to buy them for......now some 50+ years later i needed a set of 4 trailer tires to get a utility tractor to our lake place...had the local co-op put on goodyears ....later looked at the sidewall and it was lettered   MADE IN CHINA...never have bought another  gy tire
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    Goodyear just gave me every reason in the world to never buy another product or service from them. You truly can't fix stupidity!
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Plenty of good tires out there, many much better than goodyear. 

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    MrMag00 said:
    Plenty of good tires out there, many much better than goodyear. 

The only other tire I considered was Maxxis ... but if an issue on the road, finding a nearby location with them on hand is slim.  Closest to me is about 300 miles away.   :/
    I get Maxxis from Discount tire direct.  Good prices. fast shipping.  Local shop changes them cheap.