In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glutton for punishment

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭
With this covid crap it makes it hard to accomplish anything. Judy and I will still be having, I hope, a charity shoot next month but this year the logistics are a pain. We could have said we are taking a year off, but no we are to stubborn. 
https://grandblancview.mihomepaper.com/articles/grand-blanc-huntsmans-club-to-benefit-hurley-with-charity-shoot-event/
I know we have lost some shooters out of virus fears but have picked up a few new ones. Lost some volunteer help but may have gained some new ones. Need to know some numbers for ordering food for the shoot. A local restaurant (Cranberries Cafe) donates the lunch but I have to tell them how many to expect.  Then we need to figure out how to serve them this year. Maybe box lunch style as a last resort.
My biggest worry for the event will be our fearless (brainless) Governor Gretchen shutting down the state again before the shoot. We have been up front with those that have already signed up about this and most said if that happens to keep the fees they've paid and donate them to the cause. That proves most shooters are good folk. I am so ready for this pandemic crap to be over with and no I don't think it will be resolved because of the election.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not asking you guys for donations. I am just venting a little worry and frustration and you were handy. :) Bob

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob, China Virus will not be an issue the day after the Politicians declare a winner in the November POTUS election, or decide it is over.  The politicians decide what is foisted upon us, they decide what the "truth" is.  The (D)'s are happy to see the turmoil, destruction, death and mayhem we all now see. 
    CDC can not get suggestions for cure, prevention or care the same twenty four hours in a row.  This life is UNKNOWN.  You pays your money and takes your chances.  Either kill me or get the heck out of my life.  This crap has gone on long enough.
    I see masks, I see no masks, I see it helps, I see they do not, nobody TRUSTWORTHY has the answer, God does, seek him and believe.
    The end result is turmoil, unrest, distrust, violence, doubt and confusion.  It is why our lives are in utter suspension.
    I really feel for you and those that are trying to bring normalcy into focus, bring sanity, reason and self control into the equation.  There is no common sense in this issue but the cost in trillions of dollars, lives and material destruction keep rising.  There is no right answer until the politics of the politicians ends or we descend into civil war part II. 
    My hope is your Charity reaps the rewards of common sense and makes more that it ever has to help those in need.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what the big deal is. Our grandkids are back in school in Knoxville, TN. Our grandson has been going to football practice all month.
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    You are all holding rifles and afraid of a politician?