In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Google Pixel 4a Smart Phone (unlocked) $349

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Before all the "I wouldn't have a smart phone if my life depends on it" starts or whatever this thread is not meant for you so please just ignore it. I'm just passing along some info for people that might be interested in a reasonable priced phone that has some pretty good features for the money. I'm perfectly happy with my flip phone too but since I plan to do some traveling in the next year I want a smart phone to take along but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one no more than I'll be using it. Thanks.

In case any of you guys are looking for a reasonably priced smart phone and don't want to pay the big bucks for a flagship model Google has come out with the Google Pixel 4a Smart Phone for $349 bucks that you might want to take a look at. It's unlocked so you can use it with any of the major carriers unlike the ones that are locked into one carrier. It's got everything the Pixel 4 had plus more and it's about half the price. 1st time I've seen a price drop for a new version of a smart phone. It's cheaper than high-end devices they say largely because it lacks the frills in the fancy phones, like wireless charging and a face scanner. But for what you pay reviewers say it's a great value and Its camera quality and fairly bright screen are on a par with many of the best smartphones out there.

I've been using an old flip phone since I retired and turned in my Android company phone. I refused to pay the big bucks for a dang phone that's going to be outdated in 3 years that the company won't update. Since this one is so cheap and has a lot of good features for a cheap phone I preordered one from Best Buy yesterday. It'll be the 18th of September before they'll have any more of them. My youngest son has been using the Google Pixel 3a for a couple of years now and likes it. He paid a lot more than $349 when it came out. So I'll give it a try and see how it works. Reviews to come. Amazon also has them for $349 but I've been reading about so many Chinese knock-offs that Amazon is selling that I'm a little skeptical about buying any electronics from them.

SPECS:
https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_4a_specs

It has the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 730G4 processor
6 GB LPDDR4x RAM 128 GB storage.

Rear Camera

12.2 MP dual-pixel • 1.4 μm pixel width • Autofocus with dual pixel phase detection

Front Camera

8 MP 1.12 um pixel size f/2.0 aperture fixed focus

Display
Full-screen 5.8-inch (147.6 mm) display with transmissive hole

Comments