In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Censorship

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

This place had gotten worse than Facebook about censorship,, post removed for saying i dont give a * ,, come on ,, we are grown men and this is not bible school,,, no wonder so many of the old posters have left....

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    I don't know what was deleted,  but the bad word filter is no longer under the control of this forum. The new forum meant a new list of naughty words and phrases which was selected by GBHQ. Nunn and I can no longer add or subtract words from the word filter, in fact, we aren't even allowed to see it...and I've asked twice. 

Let's run a test...I don't give a damn.
    That made it through the filter. Anything else would be caught and censored. If anyone plays games with the word filter to get around it...delete.

In the meantime, if you can get someone at HQ to let me have access to the bad word filter I'd be grateful. 
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    Let me add that when the changeover was made to this forum, we retained to same crew of moderators who have been in our forum since at least 2008; many of them well before that. Some mods who hadn't been active for many years were dropped, but there were no new additions to our board.

The big change came after Captain Fun left and three new admins were added to the crew at HQ.  This is the crew running the show at HQ:

They get paid, while Nunn and I have only members love and admiration as compensation for our efforts.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I looked thorough the change log and found your thread. That word has never been allowed. Try using the word crap. In the meantime, don't cry about "recent" censorship when you know that you are using profanity of a type of that has never been allowed in our forum.  

You've been here long enough that I shouldn't have to educate you on the rules. Don't make me do it again.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    "Nunn and I have only members love and admiration as compensation for our efforts."
    I think you're gettin' cheated, Mark!
    ;)
    (Thanks for doing what appears to be a thankless job.) 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The two worst types of members are...
    1) The Processional Victim: a member who is guilty of some sort of violation, but twists the facts, or omits certain key details in order to make it appear that they are innocent, and thus a victim.  o:)

2) The Tattletale: These guys love to rat out everyone for everything. Do you have an abuse tag or a reported post? Chances are it was put there by a forum member, and not the staff.  I wish that these clowns would find something else to do because no one likes a squealer  >:)  
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    The ones that make me laugh are the ones that hit disagree and don't have the knowledge, courage or conviction to say what they don't agree with. The disagree button is used more for a "Oh yeah! Well take that! As if having someone hit that button on one of my posts actually bothers me. A well worded, researched and convincing reply might make me rethink my position but just a disagree makes me think I am right and they have no argument. Bob
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Those who poke the bear shall get the paw.
  • Options
    BobJudy said:
    The ones that make me laugh are the ones that hit disagree and don't have the knowledge, courage or conviction to say what they don't agree with. The disagree button is used more for a "Oh yeah! Well take that! As if having someone hit that button on one of my posts actually bothers me. A well worded, researched and convincing reply might make me rethink my position but just a disagree makes me think I am right and they have no argument. Bob
    To be honest, I was surprised to see that you had any disagrees. The members who click disagree are readable by me,  and the majority of your disagrees are from a singe member who seems to have a vendetta against you. Disagrees count for nothing, so your "I don't give a crap" (we can use that word, but never the other) is the best way to handle it. 
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    so what if everyone disagrees with me???  doesn't mean I'm not right, it just means they are all wrong............
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    hillbille said:
    BobJudy said:
    so what if everyone disagrees with me???  doesn't mean I'm not right, it just means they are all wrong............
    Well yeah that's obvious!😄 Bob
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭