In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charge back two months later

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

Dealing with a new situation today, got a charge back two months after the buyer picked his gun up.

Normally its a mistake and I clear it up after I call the person but this guy won't answer his phone or emails so I had to upload the crap to our credit card processor.

Most of the time its an honest mistake but this time I think he's actually trying to steal it. We sent messages but I'm reporting a stolen firearm to the ATF on Monday(with all relevant data like his transfer dealer, home address, etc) if the charge back isn't reversed by then.

Anyway, carry on. These new buyers flooding the site i think are too used to pulling crap like they got used to on Ebay.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have proof of delivery with good documentation the charge back will get reversed and you will get your money.  I wish you well, credit card companies can be painfully slow in clearing up these matters.  I would request a copy of the buyers charge back report if you do not already have it.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    it's just a purchase...do not the new "buyers " have the same privileges as a rioter, looter and arsonist.....??????????   BS   ream him out and wipe off his buyer status ...same crap here..a friend of mine has a big trailer business and recently sold a car size trailer to one and did not get legitimate buyer info.....phony address and all so he is out a brand new $4K trailer that he cannot trace...his sales policies have changed now to a very positive ID setup....   I HATE A THIEF...let us know if reporting it stolen works.....
  • Options
    .22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
    It can't always be done such as these situations, but when possible "Cash Is King" then it falls on them to try and get it back.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    Good luck reporting it stolen to the BATFE or local law enforcement.  Been there, done that with two guns that were stolen using hot checks.  I was able to file for a "Theft By Check" warrant, but I could not get the guns entered into NCIC/TCIC, and the BATFE showed no interest at all.

I was hoping to get them entered into the system as stolen, so maybe...it's a long shot, but maybe, I might get them back someday.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Credit Card transactions, can be a can of worms. Recently I was buying a money order, at the local PO. They wouldn't take a credit card. Told me," debit card or cash". If the PO won't take them, for money orders. What does that tell you?

Hope it works out, for the OP. But with a 2 month head start. And likely using counterfeit DL, and/or other phoney info. The unknown crook, and the gun are long gone. 
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps reporting it as stolen to the local law enforcement where the transferring FFL is located might help. Good luck. Bob