In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! Geez us, what an operation that would have been.
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend, a very highly decorated Marine chopper pilot who ended his military career flying three U.S. presidents around, then flew a chopper for law enforcement, tell me the proudest moment of his flying was finding a little girl who had been missing for a while in the woods.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, Great job and congratulations to all of them. I just hope the kids can return to a somewhat normal life again. I doubt that they will ever truly have a sense of security after this.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Sounds like a BS story to me.

They talk around the facts.

They would have been bragging their cabooses off if they had busted a child slavery ring or another under-age sex/blackmail Epstein style operation.

But it sounds to me like children with parents that do not have legal custody...some of which had warrants and previous records of physical and sexual abuse.

Creative Reporting - which we see a lot of here lately.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I had a lot of dealings with the USMS when the company I worked for was overseeing the building of several new federal courthouses in the Southeast back in the late 90s and early 2000s. They were good people. Everyone of those guys I was around were top notch guys unlike the FBI field people I had dealings with when overseeing the construction of a new FBI headquarters back in 2008 and 09. Totally different attitudes between the organizations.

People felt like they were walking on egg shells around the FBI people during the construction and they were there at the construction meetings to let people know that they were being watched and could be in trouble should they do something that broke their security rules. They had camera's set up all around the site and agents monitoring the computer screens. They did arrest one fool that worked for Otis Elevators. What kind of idiot that has outstanding warrants on him shows up to work on an FBI site? Amazing. They cuffed him and took him in. At the beginning of construction before fences were installed they patrolled the perimeter in ATV's with their "assault" weapons visible. I don't know what they thought they were going to encounter with dirt work taking place on a bare field but it looked intimidating anyway. 

Then there was no way to find a roofing company in that part of the world in Mississippi that had employees that could pass a background check. Even the owner of the company that they finally approved couldn't pass the background check. So they put a full time FBI agent watching that company every time they came on site. He was armed and stood on the roof while they worked. 

One of the Marshal agents and I were discussing the S&W 340PD .357 snubby that had just came out and I told him I had one so he asked if he could see it. I went out to my truck and brought it back into the office and he took it and showed it to other agents in their office. He must have showed it to everybody because he was gone a long time. They were amazed at how light it was. I know of at least 2 of the agents that bought one of the 340PD's after that.

He and I became pretty good friends after that and I sold him one of my Desert Eagles semi auto pistols a .44 Mag. He invited my wife and I to his house. Really down to earth guy. 

The only time that I saw more than one Marshal on site was when the drywall contractor commenced work and they came to check green cards. That was a funny sight. I never saw so many Mexican's climbing construction fences and fleeing through downtown. It was 2 or 3 days later before they had enough workers with green cards to continue work.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a lot of dealings with the USMS when the company I worked for was overseeing the building of several new federal courthouses in the Southeast back in the late 90s and early 2000s. They were good people. Everyone of those guys I was around were top notch guys unlike the FBI field people I had dealings with when overseeing the construction of a new FBI headquarters back in 2008 and 09. Totally different attitudes between the organizations.

People felt like they were walking on egg shells around the FBI people during the construction and they were there at the construction meetings to let people know that they were being watched and could be in trouble should they do something that broke their security rules. They had camera's set up all around the site and agents monitoring the computer screens. They did arrest one fool that worked for Otis Elevators. What kind of idiot that has outstanding warrants on him shows up to work on an FBI site? Amazing. They cuffed him and took him in. At the beginning of construction before fences were installed they patrolled the perimeter in ATV's with their "assault" weapons visible. I don't know what they thought they were going to encounter with dirt work taking place on a bare field but it looked intimidating anyway. 

Then there was no way to find a roofing company in that part of the world in Mississippi that had employees that could pass a background check. Even the owner of the company that they finally approved couldn't pass the background check. So they put a full time FBI agent watching that company every time they came on site. He was armed and stood on the roof while they worked. 

One of the Marshal agents and I were discussing the S&W 340PD .357 snubby that had just came out and I told him I had one so he asked if he could see it. I went out to my truck and brought it back into the office and he took it and showed it to other agents in their office. He must have showed it to everybody because he was gone a long time. They were amazed at how light it was. I know of at least 2 of the agents that bought one of the 340PD's after that.

He and I became pretty good friends after that and I sold him one of my Desert Eagles semi auto pistols a .44 Mag. He invited my wife and I to his house. Really down to earth guy. 

The only time that I saw more than one Marshal on site was when the drywall contractor commenced work and they came to check green cards. That was a funny sight. I never saw so many Mexican's climbing construction fences and fleeing through downtown. It was 2 or 3 days later before they had enough workers with green cards to continue work.
    I believe the FBI like to think they are important.

It balances out with all the folks that don't think they are important.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭