In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beeramid What is the Scoop

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
on your sister's house in Lake Charles?

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited August 2020

It looks like they took mostly roof damage, it blew off most of the shingles, and stripped off tar paper. Rain leaked in during the storm, and again the morning after. They don't know how extensive the damage is from that yet, but were able to tarp it yesterday.

Fortunately for LC the storm surge went up into Rockefeller, and spared them from flooding. That would have made things much worse. The wind damage alone is unimaginable.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that was my guess, except I included an oak tree on the roof.  Sister got off lucky it sounds like.
    Is Rockefeller another town?  I never heard of it.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    So you know whether it effected the Gueydan area?
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******

It looks like the oak tree in their front yard is still standing, which is incredible. The neighbor across the street has seven trees down, quite a few of them on/in the house, its a mess. Rockefeller is a wildlife refuge in Cameron Parish. I heard the storm surge was 17ft from there to the Mermentau River.

All things considered, both of my sisters faired well, but LC is wrecked. The power grid will have to be completely rebuilt, and the water plants are only producing a trickle of clean water.