In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Martha Stewart and her Gorgeous Edsel Wagon

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
I never thought I would desire an Edsel but this one is SOOOO nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaGqElpspm0

Comments

• Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    i would really like to hear the real story on who she pizzed off to get the jail time she did.  many, many,many "investors" are guilty of doing far worse than she did.   and, oh the car. one of our neighbors in WVa  bought one of those new.  dont remember the year but it got its share of attention.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    She got taken to the cleaners for her supposed federal crime.  Unfair prosecution.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw that episode on Jays Garage. I like the car, just cause.  :)
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Ugly by sales when built and still is
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I for one would love to own that wagon. I think it's purty.
  • Options
    I love it.  Would love to have that car.   I love all the cars from the fifties.

It is interesting, when she was rung  up by, what we know now is a corrupt FBI, and she went to Federal Prison, she was persona non grata.   A year after she got out of jail nobody would have her on their tv show.  She was radioactive.

Now, she has made quite a comeback and she is featured on advertisements and she is on shows.   Tough lady.
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭
    She went to jail for the same thing that politicians do all the time. 
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    the edsel was just too far ahead of the times  and people just never got on board . 
     granted the toilet seat / horse collar looking grill was a bad idea and really took away from the cars looks 
     not my first choice if looking for a car but if I found one that had spent its live in a a good climate state  old barn or a nice one given to me I would not turn it down 
  • Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Don't think I have seen the words gorgeous and Edsel in the same sentence before.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    a bit hypocritical guys, she broke the law, even though everyone else does it also, they need to go to jail too,  isn't to far off from the rioters, everyone else is doing it, can't have it both ways..........
  • Options
    "After a highly publicized six-week jury trial, Stewart was found guilty in March 2004 of felony charges of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators, and was sentenced in July 2004 to serve a five-month term in a federal correctional facility."

They were investigating her for insider trading.  Which is illegal but is done all the time.   They couldn't get Martha on that, they got her on a "process crime"  ie. lying to the FBI.   Same thing they did to General Flynn.
    Now, in the wake of the fraudulent Flynn investigation, we know how corrupt the FBI is, I am leery of anybody who gets busted on one of these process crimes.