In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I wonder where the money is coming from?

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
I'm currently one of those "damn Mall Walkers" Its air conditioned and inside out of the rain with no membership fee. With around 40 million out of work, no more stimulus checks and no 600 extra a week Unemployment I still see just as many people shopping and buying especially young people who would have been impacted the most by cut backs and closures in Movie theaters, Restaurants, Etc. Wonder where the dough is coming from? Robinhood is piling in investors daily, I haven't head anything locally about mass evictions, so in theory car payments are being made, Insurance rent etc. ??HMMM
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    mogley98 said:
    ...especially young people who would have been impacted the most by cut backs and closures in Movie theaters, Restaurants, Etc. Wonder where the dough is coming from? I haven't head anything locally about mass evictions, so in theory car payments are being made, Insurance rent etc. ??HMMM
    They live at home. Car payment? Who needs a car when you can borrow mom's, which is insured. When you have no rent or bills to pay, what money you do have is yours to spend as you please. 
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Cash assistance, student loans, daddy, part time job, no bills, no responsibility and zero common sense.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    50% of the people in the US get a regular check from a federal, state, or local government entity.
    Neal
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Printing presses... Most likely running overtime.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    nmyers said:
    50% of the people in the US get a regular check from a federal, state, or local government entity.
    Neal
    This.  They were out there before the china virus. 
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Businesses are being subsidized???????????
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Lot of folks live on their credit cards. With whats happening with the Chinese crud. They could care  less. Figuring millions of folks are in the same boat, as them, maxing out their cards. What are the CC companies going to do about it. You can't squeeze blood out of a stone.

I figure it's just a matter of time, and the poop is really going to hit the fan. Because of all the deadbeats with no intention of paying off their cards. The CC companies/banks are going to go belly up. To prevent this, causing an economic collapse, and another depression. The feds are going to bail out, the CC companies/banks, like they did General Motors and Chrysler in 2009.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭
    rufe-snow said:
    Lot of folks live on their credit cards. With whats happening with the Chinese crud. They could care  less. Figuring millions of folks are in the same boat, as them, maxing out their cards. What are the CC companies going to do about it. You can't squeeze blood out of a stone.

I figure it's just a matter of time, and the poop is really going to hit the fan. Because of all the deadbeats with no intention of paying off their cards. The CC companies/banks are going to go belly up. To prevent this, causing an economic collapse, and another depression. The feds are going to bail out, the CC companies/banks, like they did General Motors and Chrysler in 2009.
    and they even have TV commercials saying you don't have to pay your credit card bill, don't let em fool you into thinking you have to,  I think these should be illegal also...........
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭
    rufe-snow said:

We already have a similar problem with college debt.

Lets not forget the "SubPrime" mortgage crisis. Many theories on how the crisis occurred, but most agree government telling people who they have to lend to and other forms of government micromanagement was the main cause. 

The idea of bailouts is absolute stupidity.  
    The idea that all money is the property of government is even worse.  Government does not create wealth. Government in its worse form destroys and takes away wealth.

We are not yet at the point where we have Clinton style fairness laws telling banks they have to issue credit card to people with low credit scores and with histories of insolvency......at least not yet.