In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1994 Serpentine Series

HotplateHotplate Member Posts: 2

I am looking to find a value for NIB Colt 1994 Serpentine Series Set. They only made 50 of these sets. I am not sure how many sets remain complete. I came across two estate auctions but I am not sure how accurate they were due to the variance in price range. Please let me know if you have any information on this topic. I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Colt "Serpentines" gave me a headache.  I think that they are just custom Colts that are sometimes a set, sometimes a series, & sometimes a single gun.  Maybe they are a 3 gun set (Python, King Cobra, Diamondback), maybe 1 of the 3, maybe bright nickel, maybe electroless nickel.  Other times they are a Colt SSA, other times a Colt Government.  I don't think anyone know how many were made, but not likely many.
    Like any other type of expensive "bling" that you can only look at, the value will vary widely when offered for sale.  The folks who buy them do not worry about whether they pay too much, they buy them because they think that they are "pretty" & they want the pleasure of owning them.
    Neal
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Check customshopinc.com. They want 65 grand for theirs and state there are 17 sets still in existence. If you are looking to sell, Gunbroker reaches the most people and would be your best bet. Bob
  • Options
    HotplateHotplate Member Posts: 2

Thank you both for your comments. I appreciate you sharing. I have one complete set NIB but could never find anything on them. Thanks again.