In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
Dont know much about this company, starting to read up on them guns and reviews look great any thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited September 2020
    CZ is one of the top tier firearms manufacturers. Best known in the US for the handguns, they have a full product line. I've owned their rimfire rifles and a variety of their handguns, and all of them are well made. I've never owned a CZ shotgun, so I can't comment. The CZ 75 is the firm's classic hammer fired DA handgun:

while the striker fired P10 series is the company's current focus (the supposed Glock killer):

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any CZ product.

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Like Mark, I've been using CZUSA firearms for quite a while. The only difference is that I tend to work with the rifles more than the handguns. Currently their selection is a little down from where they were a couple of years ago but conversations with them indicate that newly revised models are in the works.

Most of us are attracted to their selection of Turkish walnut stocks which usually have more character than American manufactured black walnut. CZ has been trying new designs in the synthetic stocks. Their selection runs from a complete line of rimfire rifles up through some standard caliber centerfire rifles. They have a specialty line of Varmint rifles also.

My concentration has usually focused on the Larger Magnum cartridge rifles because of the availability of the Rigby size actions which we use for making .338 Lapua rifles. But you can still get the standard magnum cartridge rifles as well such as the .458 Win.Mag or the very popular .375 H&H.

Best.

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I recently purchased a CZ rifle in .22 Hornet and I'm very pleased with it.  Well made, looks good has a very good trigger and is accurate.   IIRC the CZ branded shotguns are made in Turkey, I've never owned one I can't give an opinion.   The CZ 75 Mark referred to is used around the world and held in the same regard as the Browning Hi-Power.   On my wish list is a CZ rifle in 416 Rigby,
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    Huglu in Turkey makes the CZ line of shotguns, and is the only Turk gun maker that knows what quality controls is. That's the reason CZ has them contracted, both make quality firearms.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    The rifles, for the money, IMO, are hard to beat. Average, to above average wood, and most all shoot excellent. They do have a few things that I don't care as much for. I prefer flush fitting magazines, rather than ones that hang below the stock. The CZ american has a backwards safety, with forward being "safe". I still own a few though...
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a CZ452 in 17HMR. and a CZ 527 Prestige in .223. I have had both over 16 years now. I have never had an issue with either one.  They are quality built rugged rifles, and the wood is quality select I would say, more darker than most walnut, this appeals to me more than the lighter walnut. The Prestige model I have also comes with a set trigger that can be adjusted.  
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    CZ 75 is one of the best handguns made.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    I have both the High Power & the CZ-75 - the CZ-75 is equally reliable - no problems at all.  You can go to czusa.com - scroll down to the bottom and click on catalog to view the 2020 catalog of products.  Also you can check out czfirearm.us & czforums.com.  Best Regards - AQH
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Own a CZ27 (.32) Bought by my Dad (New) in 1949 Berlin. It's build quality is excellent.

CZ has an excellent reputation.

• Options
    Silver Star 5301Silver Star 5301 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I have a Scorpion for work.   Well made and never had and issue.    CZ has law enforcement pricing.  You can buy direct or through a CZ law enforcement rated dealer- that must sell at law enforcement rate too. 
    I think they hav3 good product across the board 
This discussion has been closed.