In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Voting in the election

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
I'm aware that the upcoming election is the most important election of my life time, just like the last one, the one before that, and the next one too.   I agree they're all important.   

There is a lot of  middle school raw raw BS going on with people trying to make you feel like some kind of traitor if you don't agree that you must vote against A so therefore your only choice is B.   Personally I've had enough of it.   

I wouldn't vote for my mother if she ran as a democrat.   But the republicans lost me when they kept pushing individual infringements.    Twisted justifications do not make more government control okay, it just doesn't.   

I teach, I talk, I explain and I'm not going to quit doing those things.  But I am going to stop condoning big government by giving my vote, and by proxy my support, for such things.   My vote matters and tossing it in with a crowd going the wrong way is not how I want it to be used any longer.  I've done that and all it's resulted in is more government control, less freedom and making a nation of slaves to their debt. 

Both the major political parties and the media work very hard to keep use arguing with each other while pushing the  "you must pick a side" BS.    Of course they do not care if only 5% of the people vote as long as they get over 50% of those that do.    But as long as we help further their plans by falling in line like little trained pigs change is an unachievable fantasy.  But a fantasy many like and fight to hang onto.

Comments

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
     You got to hold your nose and vote. The voters are all bought and paid for anyway. One for the rich and one for the poor. The election system has been see-sawing back and forth for decades and the only way it will change is if and when The dollar collapses along with capitalism and Keynesian  money theory.
         The elites will pull the plug soon here with the big reset coming. Remember out of chaos comes order. Crypto currency with Artificial intelligence with social  engineering and The NWO will be the new money exchange system in my opinion.
                                                                                     serf
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭
    Well now, if my mother were a Dummycrat I would not vote for her either and yes the Republicans have become the other side of the same coin. Now if I am a no show on election night I just put a +1 in the winners column. So, I will do like Serf says "Hold my nose and Vote"------------------------------------Ray
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******
    About all I can add to this voting for the lesser of "two evils" is from a constant reoccurring idea that has been kicked around our country for decades without ever taking hold.  It is a very good idea IMHO but the only way to achieve TERM LIMITS is to quit voting in all the political lifers!  

About the only way my vote does any good (at least in my own mind)  is to do my part in ridding our government of these "Professional Politicians"