In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

In the window of a local business

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,637 ******

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Must be my alzhiemers...I don't get it.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    I did that once to a guy in front of a  store I was leaving, who said I needed a mask, ( covered my mouth with my hand ), said will this work, then offered to shake hands, he just walked off mumbling....
    I didn't get it...and got a disagree?
    Am I the only person that don't get it?
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I look at "thumbs down" and "disagrees" and things like that as badges of honor.  It means I stirred someone's tiny brain into some form of a response.  At least I got a couple of synapses firing so it's a win.

@Bustedknee, the picture equates the mask with being told to shut up.  You are not permitted to NOT wear it, and you are not permitted to question it.  You are not permitted to doubt its capability to stop the virus.  In other words, shut up and do as you're told.   That's how I see it.
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭
    Went into one of Gov. Black Face's ABC stores today. I was all alone in the last aisle & loosened my mask to breath. Clerk quickly advised me to put it back on as it was the gov's rule. OK, grabbed a bottle & left after giving him a ration of guano about not cleaning the CC pen, touching my bottle after touching how many others & not sanitizing the door handles. I agree with wearing a mask in close proximity to others, but not sanitizing everything else between customers is like wearing a condom with a hole in it. 
    edited October 2020

Nanuq,

Now I get it. Thanks.

I thought it was just a cute idea to put your hand over your mouth if you forgot your mask.

And it is a badge of honor - what a sad and boring place this would be if we all agreed on every thing.

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps but not necessarily a sign of the times they wore them in 1918 by law too,
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    bustedknee said:
    And it is a badge of honor - what a sad and boring place this would be if we all agreed on every thing.
    Amen, brother.  Steel sharpens steel.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Too many messages there, so I certainly would not wear it.
    What's next?