In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I bet Ammo and guns go SKY high now!

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
The half of America who wanted to outlaw assault weapons is probably in line this morning!
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    i thought they already were.  sky high and in line.
  • Options
    RBG
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

The unprepared go from Crisis, to Crisis.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭

It is reported that one of her dying wishes, made to he granddaughter a day or two before she died was that Congress wait for a new President before she is replaced. If true, she remained a leftist political hack through her last breath. She should have retire a couple of years ago, but stayed only because of her hatred of our current President.

May she Rest In Peace, though I do not mourn her passing.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    they stand in line for nothing
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on whether or not Trump and McConnell push through a nominee before the election. If they don't get it done and Joe wins then all bets are off. Bob
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭

It is reported that one of her dying wishes, made to he granddaughter a day or two before she died was that Congress wait for a new President before she is replaced. If true, she remained a leftist political hack through her last breath. She should have retire a couple of years ago, but stayed only because of her hatred of our current President.

I can't mourn her passing either, Don, nor would I ever want to.  
    What's next?
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,665 ******
    I believe one of my dying wishes would be to take care of my dogs. Certainly not who was going to take my job.
  • Options
    She seems to think we will have a NEW President perhaps she meant to say after the election but no matter what anyone has said the President needs to throw a name out Monday and the Senate needs to use all and any options available to approve ASAP . Regardless keep in mind the left is already saying as soon as they get power they will add two seats to add two more Justices.
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I'm going the opposite direction on this, may she burn in _____.  There will be no resting for this traitor. 

She prejudiced her position with her statements about the President of The United States, there is no forgiveness for this.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
     I unfollowed jacque pepin after his touching tribute and 1000 tearful responses
  • Options
    i have noticed about a 3% uptik
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly approve of her funeral.
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    RBG was in the Supreme Court for only one purpose: To help protect Clinton from any consequences resulting from his actions. 
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Either way...........the prices of both will continue to go up. If Trump wins, there will certainly be riots, which will drive the current trend of sales and shortages to continue. If Biden wins, Beto takes the reins of the gun control agenda and nothing more needs to be said.

If you don't have an ample supply by now.....it may be too late unless you have very deep pockets.

Gentlemen and ladies.........keep what you have and keep your powder dry.
  • Options
    havent heard much on beto the meato.. cause harris is in town
  • Options
    gb sale on now 500rds 9mm 500.00 see if it goes higher     879491407
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    mac10 said:
    gb sale on now 500rds 9mm 500.00 see if it goes higher     879491407
      After the election if Biden wins 3.00 dollars a round could happen. The cheapest pistol round before the virus and most popular will be the highest cost because of demand.
                                      serf

• Options
    The coverage of Ginsburg has been interesting.  All the talk of a principled jurist, fighting for equality and the rule of law.
    If these statements are true, then the statement she supposedly made to her granddaughter regarding her replacement must not have occurred.  If that statement did occur, she is obviously not a principled jurist.  

Those Democrats who are saying we need to honor her dying wish are asking us to honor a partisan and distinctly unprincipled request.  To honor Ginsburg, we need to believe that she did not make this statement.  To honor Ginsburg, we need to believe that her granddaughter is throwing her legacy under the bus for near term partisan gain.

A difficult situation for Little Chucky Schumer to be sure.

Well, it would be difficult if he had any honor.

Or knew what the word meant.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    50rds jhp 9mm 65.00
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    When 22 hits a buck a round, I'm selling it all. Tempted to offload the 9mm at a buck a round and stock up on 30 06 and 45. 
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    I found .44mag this weekend locally for $40/box.  Bought everything they'd sell me.  Maybe I'll go back this afternoon and see if someone else is behind the counter!   >:)

• Options
    i buy any i can get it will be usefull as trade /sale goods
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    In 2016:
    "There's nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being the president in his last year," Ginsburg said in a 2016 New York Times interview in which she called for Garland to receive a confirmation vote in the Senate.
    I don't believe that she said anything about her replacement on her death bed.
    Neal

• Options
    I would like to think she did not say it either, Neal.
    She did, however, express a profound distaste and distrust of President Trump.
    She also seemed to be holding onto her seat on the bench during her health issues far longer than would a reasonable person in that position.  Over the past 70 years, she is only the third justice who has died in office, though it was much more common prior.  

Jackson died while serving after suffering a heart attack in October of 1954 at the age of 62.  He had suffered a massive heart attack earlier in the year, but returned to the bench in a couple of months.  The fatal heart attack was not expected.

Obviously Scalia's death was unexpected.

Ginsburg, however, was obviously very ill, and most likely terminally so for much of the past year.  Most justices over the past century would have retired in her condition, but she made the decision to carry on.  Given her comments regarding Trump, one  can speculate that she would have retired had Clinton been in the White House.  

Given this, while I hope that she did not make the comment, I would not be surprised if she did.

Don

Brad Steele
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

Like many democrats, she was a prejudice bigot who couldn't overcome her hate to sit through a State of the Union by a Republican President.