In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SCOTUS CHOICES

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
I would have to go with Kate Todd that way we wouldn't weaken any of the existing District Courts by selecting one of the women Trump has already placed there. If he wins a second term he can bump one of them up on the next selection.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Easier to get a woman through Cotton has a Pianist and someone will swear he used it
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Will have to be a woman, qualified or not. Otherwise yet another leftist never-ending tantrum. How about Judge Jeannine?
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    It won't matter to the democraps if it's a sea monkey they won't like them and will tell lie after lie. Everybody needs to stop trying to get along with them and think more about crushing them. I voted for President Trump for a reason. I remember a vice chief that was teaching one of my BLET classes telling me: "There comes a time in any arrest when it's time to stop being nice." We have gone past that point as far as I am concerned. The left will never play fair and the sooner we realize it the better.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Better to have the strength at the top and leave a hole at the lower level than risk leaving a hole in the high court.   Given that circumstances demand quick confirmation it is best to go with a judge recently vetted.     
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    I thought it was interesting Biden said will release a list of potential candidates on the Dem side 'sometime in the future and it will be all black females.'  
    Isn't that racial discrimination?

One of the scariest parts of that is Stacy Abrams is on the list

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

If that is not considered Pandering, I do not know what is.

Wonder when we will see Biden/Harris Kneeling with a Dashiki scarf around their necks and a fist in the air?

Pathetic.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that racial discrimination?","bodyRaw":"I thought it was interesting Biden said will release a list of potential candidates on the Dem side 'sometime in the future and it will be all black females.'  
    Isn't that racial discrimination?","format":"wysiwyg","dateInserted":"2020-09-20T18:55:30+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":352251,"name":"us55840","profileUrl":"https:\/\/forums.gunbroker.com\/profile\/us55840","photoUrl":"https:\/\/forums.gunbroker.com\/applications\/dashboard\/design\/images\/defaulticon.png","dateLastActive":"2020-09-20T19:29:15+00:00","label":"✭✭✭✭"},"displayOptions":{"showUserLabel":false,"showCompactUserInfo":true,"showDiscussionLink":false,"showPostLink":false,"showCategoryLink":false,"renderFullContent":false,"expandByDefault":false},"url":"https:\/\/forums.gunbroker.com\/discussion\/comment\/11216575#Comment_11216575","embedType":"quote"}"> https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/comment/11216575#Comment_11216575

If that is not considered Pandering, I do not know what is.

Wonder when we will see Biden/Harris Kneeling with a Dashiki scarf around their necks and a fist in the air?

Pathetic.

Sadly it is affirmative action being practiced to fill both the executive branch and the judicial branch of government. 
    Sorry Mr. Patient that needs open heart surgery we couldn't hire the surgeon that was the best so you get the lesbian black female that finished last in her class. I don't give a rip about someones gender, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation as long as they are the best for the job. This is a lifetime appointment and the only criteria should be that they follow the constitution. Pandering for votes as Ken aptly put it should have no place in Supreme Court nominations whether it is from the Republican or Democrat side. Bob
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Putting the interests of the Nation FIRST, has unfortunately taken a detour a long time back.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Amy Coney Barrett..........she is a textualist and a constructionist.......religious conservative. Already been through the vetting and confirmation for 7th circuit and she is a woman which will gain points in the process.
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    I listened to a guy (Cunningham?) on the radio tonight and he had a good high level perspective of the history of SCOTUS appointments.

Nominating and confirming a SC judge late in a presidency is quite common.  17 of the 19 appointments to date have been during a president's last term, typically late in his term. 

RBG herself was nominated by lame duck Jimmy Carter and approved by his lame duck Senate before president-elect Reagan was sworn in.  So that's more than ironic.  

Harry Reid is the one who came up with the idea of the "nuclear option" where a SC justice could be approved by 50 votes.  Before that it was 60 votes, before that it was 67.  The House Minority Leader at the time, McConnell, said from the House floor "you will come to regret this some day".