In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Over 10,000 arrested for no reason at all.

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/08/george-floyd-killing-police-arrest-non-violent-protesters
None had done anything and the mean police arrested them for no reason at all. The sweet little protesters are upset and say they were all "set up by the police".

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, arrested. How many charged and prosecuted?

Unless that is done, arresting them is meaningless.

(Beyond an overnight slap on the wrist.)

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    How do you feel about mass graves???😲😲😲
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    ...the long the short and the tall!
    What's next?
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if previous protests hadn't turned violent, or into sieges, then they would have likely been allowed to protest peacefully. But, when those things happen, even littler things such as blocking traffic they need to be addressed. The police did that in a way that doesn't sound out of line (to me). I do know first hand however how police can twist the facts to their point of view so I have a small, very small, amount of understanding for what they are saying.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,717 ******
    Few of those protesters would give ol’ George a sandwich if he came to their door.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    George Floyd said "I can't breathe" long before they took him out of his car.

It was death by overdose.  

Watch the whole video.  

Plus the ambulance showed up less than 3 minutes after he stopped moving, meaning they probably called it long before they put him on the ground because they recognized the signs of an overdose. 
    I watched the whole video and you're reaching.   The police are responsible for what they did and diverting blame elsewhere doesn't change that.  We all know Floyd wasn't a saint and there were underlying problems including chemicals.  If he had been a healthy 18 year old he would not have died.   The officers held him down long after other people were telling them the man was in serious trouble.  They even kept holding him down when some officers verbalized  the need to reassess.   Yes Floyd is in part responsible for his own death but that does not relieve the officers of their part.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Few of those protesters would give ol’ George a sandwich if he came to their door.
    That's true.   
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    The cops preventing the perp from hurting others, they did good. 
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭
    your guilty if you were there standing around
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    I think everyone is mostly correct.
    When the police were directed to George, he was sitting behind the wheel of a car, babbling incoherently.  In 50 states, that alone is cause to implement the DUI scenario.  If they had failed to stop him, he was likely to have killed others with the car.  So, he wasn't an innocent person wrongly detained.
    It's difficult to tell from the video, but I don't think the LEO's foot on his neck killed George.  I think it was either an OD or positional asphyxia (his hands cuffed behind his back prevent sufficient chest expansion to breath).  The autopsy should have told the ME the likely COD.  Based on the number & quantities of drugs in his system, I would have called that the primary COD.  The LEO's big mistake was letting George lie in the street; he should have chained a second set of cuffs on him, & sat him up on steps, since he complained when he was put in a police car; appearances are important.
    Neal