In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

who was it that worked on old spinning reels here????

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
I remember a few of you did, but can't remember who it was. I have some questions about some parts, and was trying to get some help on them......

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know but I remember videos on the tube about repairing reels and those folks stocked a bunch or parts for old reels.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭
    Do a "Paging Smitty500mag" - he collects and repairs spinning reels.  Best Regards - AQH
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a bunch of Mitchells and parts.   Parted with most of them.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I collect old Mitchells. Don't know much about other brands. If it's parts you need you can find just about anything you're looking for on ebay. There a lot of people that buy and sell every kind of old and new reels and parts there. I know most people don't care much for ebay but if you're looking for something to do with old reels you can find it there.
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    I collect old Mitchells. Don't know much about other brands. If it's parts you need you can find just about anything you're looking for on ebay. There a lot of people that buy and sell every kind of old and new reels and parts there. I know most people don't care much for ebay but if you're looking for something to do with old reels you can find it there.

Yep, go to flea bay, do a saved search, that is what I do and repair them myself. Sometimes have to take two or 3 and make one and have parts left over.

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Asking because I came across a storage container of misc parts, and was wondering what they might go to. If anyone here wants to pm me, I will email you some pictures, so that maybe I we can figure out what I have. Thanks..
    I would be glad to take a look but you might do better by just posting the pictures and let everyone take a look. 
    I would be glad to take a look but you might do better by just posting the pictures and let everyone take a look. 
    Guess maybe it's time that I learned how to post pictures then.. I don't have any accounts with photobucket, or anything like it...
    toad67 said:
    Guess maybe it's time that I learned how to post pictures then.. I don't have any accounts with photobucket, or anything like it...
    You don't need any of the hosting sites anymore. You can just pick them out of your computer and post them. Just lick on the "attach image" icon at the top of the leave a commit and choose the picture from your computer files. 
    Any idea what these parts are for??
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    That is easy thanks. 

RLTW

edited September 2020
    toad67 said:
    Any idea what these parts are for??
    You've got a bunch of old Mitchell parts. I see the 81009 baffle plates. 81007 axles, 81029 oscillation guides, 81031 Pivot Gears, 81032 transfer gears, 81033 drive gears, 81048 pinion gears, a couple of crank handles that fit several different models and a bunch of shims etc. 

You can go to ebay and type these numbers in and see pictures of the items for sale. I attached a file at the bottom of this commit with a list of most all of Mitchells part numbers. You can use that file, that is if you have Microsoft Office Word I guess, and type any of the numbers in at ebay and find pictures and prices of the parts for sale. 

You can see a lot of those parts here on my work bench.

If you had to give a rough estimate Smitty, what do you think the whole box of parts is worth.....just an estimate is fine. Thanks.
    It would hard to say. Most people that collect and repair old Mitchell's already have a box of parts from parts reels they've worked on in the past and people that only have a couple of Mitchell reels are only looking for the part that's broke on their reels and not a box of them. So it's one of those things where maybe somebody is just getting into collecting and repairing could use a good selection of old parts. 

Who ever removed those parts should have labeled what model reel they came out of that way you wouldn't have to check each one out by trial and error especially the gears. A lot of the reels have different gear ratios so it wouldn't be that easy to tell which part you have and what model it goes in unless you have another one that you know what model it came out of to compare it to. 

I would just put them all in one auction on ebay and sell them as Mitchell parts, otherwise you'd have to identify each part to sell them separately.