In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This might get moved to politics for obvious reasons to some

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
Kroeger owned Fred Meyer and QFC have banned Black Lives Matter Buttons, so you know where I will be shopping for groceries and some other goods.   What about you?

I'm assuming that the regular Kroeger stores are now doing the same thing!

https://www.kentreporter.com/business/union-files-charges-against-qfc-fred-meyer-over-black-lives-matter-button-ban/
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    They've supplied them with BLM wrist bands that they want them to wear instead of buttons or anything else.  So they've not banned BLM.

"To offer a more consistent solution, we’ve made two wristband options available to our associates: one that represents our commitment to standing together with our Black associates, customers and communities against racism in all forms, and the other to serve as a reminder of our values that guide us.”
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I have two thoughts/reactions to this...

One, the company IS offering/allowing a BLM option. So, they aren't denying anything to them that can't be done with their offered solution.

Two, they could CYA by just restricting all but company uniform accoutrements. That's what I would do. I feel politics and/or religion is not good for ANY "for-profit" business. Personally, I know I would have a hard time doing that, but as a business owner, that would be best for business.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    I have two thoughts/reactions to this...

One, the company IS offering/allowing a BLM option. So, they aren't denying anything to them that can't be done a different way.

Two, they could CYA by just restricting all but company uniform accoutrements. That's what I would do. I feel politics and/or religion is not good for ANY "for-profit" business. Personally, I know I would have a hard time doing that, but as a business owner, that would be best for business.
    With the BLM types getting tens of millions of dollars from Lord knows how many corporations, I'd say we need to see more activity like this, and I'd think that Kroeger believes they will increase their profit.  QFC from what little I know, has had to close stores in the past, and I'd think they are banking on increasing their profits as well...but I see where you are coming from in the world we lived in pre-BLM.
    What's next?
  • Options

Costco has followed suit!!!

What's next?
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how long will it be before the DEMOCRATs cry racism and demand a boycott.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Ya gotta love it!!! :)

What's next?