In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I wonder if the people in Baltimore are smart enough

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics

Comments

• Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    One could only hope Ricci. That being said, a 50+ year history of the sheeple in that festering sore of a city voting otherwise doesn't bode well. The entire corrupt bunch needs to go. You can't even begin to fathom the depths of criminality and corruption that pervade what's supposed to pass for government in that rathole.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there is anyone with any brains left in Baltimore.
    RLTW

• Options
    If there are any Sam, they're planning their escape. Business are shutting down by the score. The vaunted Harborplace, once the crown jewel of the city, is all but a vacant shell. The departing business owners aren't, for a second, sugar coating why they're bailing out.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    That is what I figured Chris.  Between BLM, Chinese Flu, and 60 years of libtard government I figure you could not have destroyed the town more effectively with a neutron bomb, the only difference is it would have been quicker.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited September 2020

Sam, it's getting so bad down there, things are to the point of mirroring the saying from an old movie "...ain't no law at all, none."

Murders were at 244 so far yesterday, rampaging mobs terrorize at will, businesses and private taxpayers are fleeing in droves and the school system that receives some of the highest per pupil funding in the country is a total shambles. Statues are torn down everywhere, police are forced to standby and watch rioting and the elected oxygen thieves not only support/encourage these  cretins but they watch and cheer as this stuff goes on. There's a reckoning coming in this country.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    I grew up in the city, & I moved out when I got my first job.  Never heard of this woman before last month.  Anyone can make a slick video, that's different from actually accomplishing anything.
    Corruption & incompetence are everywhere; the Democrat party controls everything, especially the graft.  Once prosperous?  Hardly.  Baltimore was known as "nickel city" in my youth, since five cents was the usual tip given to service workers; poverty was everywhere.  The city's school system spending per student is third highest in the nation, but performance of students is near the bottom.
    Neal
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Used to go to the Inner Harbor back when it was nice. Went to a Greek restaurant that was awesome. "Vesuvius?" Saw a girlfriend off from there when she was transferred to Germany. Had Stuffed Grape leaves. Mmnnn................................

The Aquarium is World Class. Went there while stationed fairly close to DC for 4 years repeatedly. (Near Camp David & Thurmont/Blue Ridge summit, MD. & Gettysburg.) Went there twice with my College Senior Level Marine Biology Class after I got out.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    If there are any Sam, they're planning their escape. Business are shutting down by the score. The vaunted Harborplace, once the crown jewel of the city, is all but a vacant shell. The departing business owners aren't, for a second, sugar coating why they're bailing out.
    Used to enjoy that city before the DEMOCRAT ruined it. Ft McHenry, US constitution used to be docked there. Lots to do and see.

Residents vote for DEMOCRATs in the over 90 percentile range and it shows. Subsequently taxes go up exponentially, business climate deteriorates, and those with wealth leave. Leaving nothing but a combination of a service economy and a welfare state.
    Many end up working for government and government never produces wealth.

Pattern repeats itself with every DEMOCRAT takeover. Dallas will be the next victim.

Wish Klacik well in Baltimore. Hopefully the lemmings will do an about face at the polls, otherwise, high murder rates, blight, riots and  garbage will continue to pile up in not just Baltimore but any big blue city.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about Ms Klacik.  In the video, did anyone notice her putting trash in a plastic trash can?  A real Baltimoron would know that all trash cans in the city must be STEEL; Norway rats will eat their way through plastic in no time.
    Neal