In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any Air Pistol Experts Here?

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
I have an antique Crossman .177 pistol.  I found it in a '53 Studebaker coupe that I bought in '56. I don't know how old it is. The pistol was in the center rear seat armrest.  I didn't realize for a few months that the lid was hinged.  What make this pistol a little unusual that it doesn't use co2 cartridges or  a pump action.  It has a high pressure tank to charge a number of times then the tank is exchanged when depleted to the hobby store.  Anyone know anything about this Crossman?
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭
    I have one but never used it.  If you Google the Name and Model Number I'm sure will get all the information you need.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It's difficult for me to read the model & s/n.  The model looks like "HI".  Does this sound reasonable? I haven't been able to find that on a search.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Still got the Studebaker?
  • Options
    No, as a high school kid I drove it for a year and planned on an engine swap.  It was a 6 cyl w/ overdrive got 30mpg and if by magic I changed that to get less than 10! I installed a 301 chevy at the end of my senior year.  I finished welding the exhaust pipes on the eve of my first day for class at UW, Madison.  I used a coat hanger w/ vice grips through the firewall as a throttle. Drove it 200 miles to class.  Those were the days!
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff-Did you know "Agatucies" (sp?) is still up and running in Peoria :o
  • Options
    asop, sure do.  I had my first pizza there in 1956.  I still stop by once or twice a year on my way west.  I miss Hunt's tenderloin sandwiches too.   Are you in Peoria?
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    can't help with your crossman but my first car was a 53 stud.  i put a 312 with a 2 speed merc-a-matic in it out of a 1958 mercury.  ran pretty good but was really hard to stop with those miniature studebaker brakes on it.  my dad made me get rid of it when he found out how dangerous it was.
  • Options
    varian, I remember how low and sleek those coupe's were back then.  I see one now and then at car shows and they look so tall!  One big failure with my swap was that when I built and installed a new cross member to support the transmission I didn't hookup the water lines to the heater.  I'm not sure what the problem was now.  Not a good idea with the WI winters.  At least I had the separate defrosters .