In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some people might say "It can't be done"

Comments

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool.
    That must have been like shooting a mortar he was probably aiming 100 yds over the target wind would have been a huge factor with a bullet that is as un-aerodynamic as a 10mm pistol bullet.
    RLTW

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever did the smithing on mounting that scope must have had a real challenge to get it right. Forget minutes of angle he was working with yards of angle. Amazing shot and equipment!. Bob
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Actually it's still measured at the firearm in MOA adjustment via the scope base which is adjustable.
    And with that brace design it's hardly considered to be 'handheld'. Still, it's a magnificent shot although I'd like to hear the total number of shots used to connect once with the target. 

Here is an example of adjustable bases:
    And another:
    The top has the capability of producing 300 MOA of adjustment!

Best.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

That is some serious angle of elevation.

My Uncle, (my Dad's Brother) was a long time Miami Police Detective on the Presidents 100. He came up to rural Extreme NE TN. one time. We were hunting groundhogs at about 3-400 yards with scoped .243's etc.

He said "Wait a Minute, let me try this one." Had his 1911 on the roof of a vehicle. We were like yeah, sure right. Busted that Ground Hog. Best Pistol shot I have ever seen in person.

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭

That is some serious angle of elevation.

My Uncle, (my Dad's Brother) was a long time Miami Police Detective on the Presidents 100. He came up to rural Extreme NE TN. one time. We were hunting groundhogs at about 3-400 yards with scoped .243's etc.

He said "Wait a Minute, let me try this one." Had his 1911 on the roof of a vehicle. We were like yeah, sure right. Busted that Ground Hog. Best Pistol shot I have ever seen in person.

I will bet I could have hit it at three yards, if I could get that close.  :)

(You know I am just funnin' with you, right?)
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    The brace is marketed to police as an accessory that can be deployed, if needed, to aid accuracy.   
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's still measured at the firearm in MOA adjustment via the scope base which is adjustable.
    And with that brace design it's hardly considered to be 'handheld'. Still, it's a magnificent shot although I'd like to hear the total number of shots used to connect once with the target. 

Here is an example of adjustable bases:
    And another:
    The top has the capability of producing 300 MOA of adjustment!

Best.

Yeah I am aware of that. But for grins and giggles I used Federals ballistic calculator for their 10mm 180fmj load. -1155 moa at 2000 yards, over 24 thousand inches or 666 yards. It was one heck of a shot no matter how you look at it. Bob