In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

4-5 months from now

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
After the frenzy is all over anyone thinking the price of  AK, AR and others will flood the market . Ammo prices coming back down?

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    Yu know it depends on the outcome. It could get much worse. imo
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    No, I don't see prices coming down on anything, regardless the outcome.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    I think about it frequently.  I want to sell most of my modest collection (50 or so) since neither of my boys can inherit my firearms.  I think I'm going to wait until spring.  As you remarked, I may lose or make money doing that. I had the same dilemma  in the fall of '16 and chose to sell my class 3 items.   
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    even if the right wins what about 4 years from now,,, people have woke up to a degree  the vaccum is strong and will take a while to stop the storm
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    Remember how long it took .22's to  come back? I think it will be far worse this time.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Christmas coming around soon there will be some folks dumping their guns.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say it, but I don't they they will come down for quite some time.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    I've sold 18 in past few weeks.  Using a dealer to too much hassle and delay (4 or 5 weeks is too long).  I can sell locally FTF and get as much or more than at the auction. 

I have no one to leave them to, so will continue to sell some each week FTF.
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to shoot now if it is $2.00 a round or more to replace. I have all the guns I will ever need. But not all I want.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    THERE'S GOING TO BE A BUNCH OF BABIES BORN.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Christmas coming around soon there will be some folks dumping their guns.
    And their, boats, trucks, motorcycles, ......................
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Supply and demand.   People can't buy forever there has to be a slow down sometime.    Folks can only stock up on so much ammo and toilet paper until they run our of money, room to store it, or both.   People that have decided they now need  a gun aren't going to buy a safe full.  They will buy a hand gun, maybe they will add a rifle or/and a shotgun.   There will be a few that catch the bug but most won't.   When those needs are filled it sales will slow down again.   Free markets are self correcting and this one will correct, eventually.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,383 ******
    I have learned over the years to just take one day at a time.  I could say more but no one would read it anyway.
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    4 to 5 months from now, Scarface will reposition his business dealings.

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

IMO the supply and prices of ammunition won’t be anywhere near normal til 2022 and that’s assuming this virus goes away and the civil unrest is over oh and if we don’t have a mass school shooting before an election cycle.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Not worried about the next 4-5 months, it is the next 36 days that are the ones to watch.
    Gloves are off for the libs. Nothing would surprise me. Hope I am way wrong.
  • Options
    cbxjeff said:
    I think about it frequently.  I want to sell most of my modest collection (50 or so) since neither of my boys can inherit my firearms.  I think I'm going to wait until spring.  As you remarked, I may lose or make money doing that. I had the same dilemma  in the fall of '16 and chose to sell my class 3 items.   
    I have about the same size collection and I am holding on to all of it. I think prices will increase either way the election goes. If Trump wins.............more riots, so people will panic and buy, driving prices up. If Biden wins, prices go up because the availability of things under the direction of his "gun czar" "Beto the * Surfer O'Rourke"..............will most certainly decrease. Prices go up. Either way, I am hanging onto mine and glad I am not caught in the wind with nothing.
  • Options
    ruger41 said:

IMO the supply and prices of ammunition won’t be anywhere near normal til 2022 and that’s assuming this virus goes away and the civil unrest is over oh and if we don’t have a mass school shooting before an election cycle.

I agree that it will take at least two years INTO TRUMP'S NEXT TERM for things to somewhat normalize.......at that time we may see ammo supply catch up to demand and then see the first time buyers selling their stuff.
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime I hope you guys are positioned for what the stock market is going to do when Trump is reelected.  I'm up 62% year to date, WITH the Corona downturn.  I fully expect to double everything by the end of the calendar year.  If Biden is elected my immediate move is to short EVERTYTHING and let it all come crashing down.  There are even short positions 3x leveraged against the coming crash.  You could make a fortune in 2 weeks if Hidin Biden is elected.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    The only "stock exchange" around here is where you go to sell calves and buy cows. All that "stock" you guys are buying/owning/selling is just paper and that paper can disappear in a flash and a little smoke. That's one of the problems in the world today.
    The same with gold or other precious metals.  You only "own" it until someone comes along and takes it away from you. If you try to use gold to buy something, that's exactly what will happen.