In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Recent Gun / Ammo Sales = Civil War coming?

GunBrassGunBrass Member Posts: 2
I was just in Bass Pro / Cabela's and the shelves are cleared out like I have never seen before! Even during the Obama "anti-gun" era! The gun counter was pretty much empty of rifles and shotguns! And very few pistols on display. Finding any sort of "popular ammo" for pistols, rifles and shotguns was a "no go"!  .223/5.56, .45ACP, 9mm, 12 gauge buckshot ...gone! Even the gun case displays were empty! Just crickets chirping!
I've been watching GunBroker sales for months and I have to be concerned with the political climate as it is today. I mean, what do you think is happenings?
Personally, given recent events in many major US cities, I think most people, like myself, are arming themselves for their own personal protection from what will most likely become a "free for all" when Donald J. Trump wins a 2nd term as POTUS. And believe me when I say he will be re-elected. Nearly every person I know or talk with will be casting their vote for the Republicans. I think the Democrats as "ticked off" a lot of Independent voters enough for most to swing to the right and the Republican party. (GOD I hope I'm right in that belief!)  
Do you think or believe we're headed toward a civil war? Or do you think or believe the mad rush to buy guns and ammo is a fear the Democrats will gain power and try to confiscate or ban tactical weapons and / or place huge taxes on ammo? Or both?
Are gun and ammo manufacturers having issues with production because of the "Chinese virus" shut down in many states?
Signed,
Befuddled.
:neutral:

Comments

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭
    Was in Walmart two nights ago to get some 2 cycle oil. Never ever seen two huge cabinets that empty. No shotgun ammo, Nada, zip, nothing. Only a few boxes of popular deer rifle cartridges. ------------------------Ray
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭
    cabelas here the same  show up at opening and see what came in  seniors get in an hour early
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭
    it all started end of march
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    The large majority are blacks this time around buying ammunition and firearms. With the middle class shrinking and The Debt Crisis getting much worst under The Wuhan virus rescues with Both political parties being the cause of the demise of our country trying to fix the problem.
        Then It's just getting worst. Iran and China are just waiting for us to finish their job of killing the dollar off for good. No more free ride with a reserve currency, just more emergencies while crushing civil liberties to control the coming chaos.
                                            serf
    The highest overall firearm sales increase comes from Black men and women, who show a 58.2% increase in purchases during the first six months of 2020 versus the same period last year,” wrote Jim Curcuruto, National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) director of Research and Market Development, in his report according to AOL News. “Bottom line is that there has never been a sustained surge in firearm sales quite like what we are in the midst of.”