In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Current Remington Info

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
Nothing is decided yet apparently. They are going to court this morning to go through the bids. Good video with lots of current info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv9Zf7XTxRk

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hope Ruger ends up with Marlin as indicated in another thread. They would do Marlin proud, and potentially bring them back to promenance.

I'm a big Marlin fan, prior to Remington's involvement. Have several older JM marked Firearms.

• Options
    I hate to see a company with the history of Remington fall. I hope it is not just the first of the firearms companies to be sued out of existence.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if Ruger made an announcement as to their intentions concerning the Marlin brand should they acquire it. Maybe instead of JM on the barrel, WR? I hope they preserve the traditions.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    When Remington bought Marlin I was OK with it. I have a lot of Remington rifles and they all work and shoot well. But, those first few years of them making Marlin's, set the tone for them. These so called "Rem-lin's" had issues. Some were cosmetic with tooling marks left, or poor fit and finish quality, but some even had issues feeding and point of aim. After those first few years, they improved quite a bit, perhaps getting close to what Marlin's quality was. But, by then the damage was done and their reputation with REP stamped Marlin's was tarnished.
    I haven't kept up on the news. I hope if there are issues with Remington's finances that it was this arm and not the company as a whole.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    Liking that Ruger got them. Marlin is synonymous with shooters for decades and decades. A good thing/
  • Options
    Those Remington built Marlins will be worth a fortune in five years. 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Like AMF Harley's.

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Question is will Ruger keep the Marlin name in place?
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Hope Ruger ends up with Marlin as indicated in another thread. They would do Marlin proud, and potentially bring them back to promenance.

I'm a big Marlin fan, prior to Remington's involvement. Have several older JM marked Firearms.

I hope so, Marlin QC was horrible after they were sold out.
    Some of their recent products coming out of Alabama plant have been excellent. Can only hope for the trend to continue even after Ruger takes over
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    This is great news. I hope Ruger allow Marlin to be Marlin with their own line- a return to quality and some nice lever guns.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    Ruger is a pretty hip company so I think you will see the old Marlin rise from the ashes Remington created. Plus Ruger has a place in Southport, Conn., not far from the old Marlin factory in North Haven, Conn. Maybe they can hire some of the former Marlin employees.