In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Graphene The Magical Wonder of Science

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Graphene will change the world with you never seeing it!
                        serf

Scientists at Oak Ridge National Laboratory created a composite that increases the electrical current capacity of copper wires and can be deployed in any component that uses copper, including more efficient bus bars and smaller connectors for electric vehicle traction inverters, as well as for applications such as wireless and wired charging systems.

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I won't believe it till I see it.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    I won't believe it till I see it.
      Go find a amp probe and you can manifest it! ;)

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    With all this copper infused clothing used to cure everything from bad knees to hemorrhoids, I wonder if this stuff will find a market in that sort of snake oil? 
    Brookwood said:
    With all this copper infused clothing used to cure everything from bad knees to hemorrhoids, I wonder if this stuff will find a market in that sort of snake oil? 

More like batteries and electricity but zero resistance at room temperature will make you richer than Elon Musk ! :D It's magic and exotic!
                                                           serf
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Graphine Copper?  Still BS.
    edited September 2020
    This technology along with super capacitors could make lasers or magnetic rail guns a lot more compact and powerful,maybe one day gunpowder for a propellant in large weapons will be history. This is not pseudo science with snake oil salesmen. It's Geometry quantum magic.
    This large hexagonal superlattice enables large numbers of electrons to interact, with interesting results, especially when the layers are rotated at specific angles at which, apparently, quantum tunneling can occur. The large moiré pattern of the superlattice is both visually striking and electrically special, as the emergence of superconductivity shows. Superconductivity is a state that exhibits quantum behavior macroscopically, allowing electric currents to circulate indefinitely without any resistance whatsoever