In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I thought I'd never finish it

badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
Inherited a bucket o bullets a few years ago. 1400 of the lousiest little 22's money can buy!
I gave some away, but kept finding them returned on my doorstep with more than I started with. 
Tried to trade them, everyone thought I had hit the bottom of my stash and started a go fund me page.
Took them out to bury them & when I went to throw them in the hole, they landed low and left. 
Finally...the bucket is empty and my nightmare is over.  :D
Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    They had two Bucket o’ Bullets the other day at Walmart for $66 per. I passed.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I had one of those given to me a few years back....I always thought the bucket should have said "1400 rounds More or less"
    I recall about two out of 10 or so not firing.  I am glad your suffering is finally over..... :'(
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
     Can't say as I've seen those. Is it bulk pack thunder duds?
     If so, I'm glad I haven't.
     Someone gave me a brick of thunder duds and of four guns my Marlin 39 was the only one that fired every one of them chambered. Patterned like a shotgun, but they went off. I've still got that brick here somewhere, less 20-30 rounds.
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Remington golden bullets. I’d get about 3 of every 10 failure rate in anything semi automatic and probably 2 of the remaining ones that fired would seem like a 22 short. Some were so light I’d have to stop and check for a stuck bullet.

Inconsistent.

Inaccurate.

Dirty.

About the same as Thunderbolts!

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I still have a couple thousand golden bullets from 10 or 12 years ago when Basspro was selling the 525 bulk packs for about 8 bucks. Must have got lucky because they have all gone bang in a dozen or so guns. Not the most accurate in any of them but better than thunderbolts and Winchester Wildcats. Maybe it is because they were made before the big ammo crunch. Would I buy anymore? Probably not because I have several lifetimes supply of various 22 brands. Bob
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Years ago, mid 80's, thereabouts, I bought some Corbon ammo (44 mag).  Some rounds were very loud and had to be pounded out of the gun.  Some simply went "Pffttt"!  Bullets hit all over the target, some even missed.
    I tossed a couple boxes in the trash barrel at the range.  2 guys loitering about, immediately dove in the barrel, all the time telling me what great ammo Corbon produced
    A couple years later (remote Alaska) I ran into the local store to pick up a couple boxes of 44's.  All they had on hand was some Corbon.  So I decided to give them another try.
    SAME PROBLEMS!  (All caps means I'm yelling) 
    They went in the same trash barrel.  A different guy claimed them, all the while extolling their greatness.

I haven't touched a Corbon cartridge since then.  Are they still in business?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    I have never had "Thunderduds"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys send me the thunderbolts...never had a dud , misfire you name it and I have shot a lot of them.