In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A good evening...a little normal...some food and fellowship with friends

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
My neighbor caught me at church yesterday and said to come on over to their shop in the evening for a fish fry and to shoot a couple rounds of trap.....They also had some targets set up and several folks sighted in their bows including a couple young ladies that will be bow hunting for the first time this year....

The food was fantastic, deep fried catfish and crappie as well as potatoes.  Venison chili, fresh garden salads from everyone's gardens and cakes, cookies and cobblers.   We all ate way too much and sat around and talked until late well after dark...I got to talk with several folks I have not seen since this whole Covid thing hit....

I shot my old Ithaca 37 that I have owned for over 45 years...I did not shoot as well as some of the others with
their nice Ruger and Browning over/under shotguns but I held my own with the other older farts that shot....

Great evening of food and fellowship !!!

How was the weekend for you all ? 

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Sounds great! 
    Saturday, we went to a mud bog put on by a local fire department. Great show! 
    Sunday after church we rode motorcycles to Mount Airy, N.C. to eat seafood at Libby Hill. About a 200 mile round trip.
  • JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    That sounds so relaxing. Good food and visiting with friends.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    I had to work all weekend (as usual) and the store was very busy. My dept. (meat market) did $56,000 in sales on Sat. and $63,000 on Sun. It was crazy busy. Today was very slow............nice to have a slow day after that. Now I have three days off.  :)
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't go anywhere and no one came to the house -- It was great!

Look up "Cranky old codger" in the dictionary if you want to see a photo of me.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"