In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Electric bike for me and my wife

gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General Discussion

I got the wife a electric trike and I got a electric radrunner bike.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrunner-plus?

Does anybody have any experience with them? They are supposed to deliver mine in October. I hope it gets here before we go to FDR state park in Georgia so I can ride the trails.

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hhmmnnn..............................so you got a 3 wheeler for the Wife unit so she could not follow you on the "Trails?" Huh................................ "Sorry Hon."

Very sneaky ditch move on your part gjshaw, very sneaky. 🤔

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited September 2020
    A neighbor has one. When I first saw him riding, it thought “ Man, he’s in great shape!” He stopped one day and told me all about it. I might have to get one. 
    His looked somewhat like this:

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Her trike, you can pedal or not. It has a thumb throttle that will work by itself and make the bike go with no pedaling or you can assist it. My bike is the same way, pedal or not. 45 mile range on a full charge. 25 mph is moving on a bike. We hope to have fun with them when we go camping and where we live on the lake we will be able to use them also.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Just messin' with you Gary. Enjoy your new bikes. Should be lots of fun.

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Those things are a menace out on the trails.  I don't know how many times I've been miles out on a hike with the dogs and some lady with earbuds in will come roaring up from behind and shoot past, oblivious in her little bubble.  The bikes are too quiet and with all my huffing and puffing I can't hear them coming.  Or at least govern them down to jogging speed offroad.
    /rant off
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    I've had an electric bike (Charger) for around 20 years. You have to pedal mine which can be a major problem if you get a flat tire or a hill too steep for me to ride up. Pushing a 65 lb bike up a steep hill is no fun. Even if you couldn't ride the bike at least a throttle would make it easier to walk the bike. The range depends very much on speed, terrain, boost but mostly on weight. They claimed a range of 40 miles at 50% boost. I assume they used a rider weight of 170 lbs. It can boost the output 50%, 100%, 200% & 400%. Because of my weight & the low power of my bike (375 watts) I doubt I get anywhere near that boost on steep hills & I get a range of about 30 miles @ 50% boost. I assume you will have an advanced battery so I can't tell you anything about battery life since mine has pb/acid batteries. I also hope you will have the newer disc brakes as they would be a big help controlling downhill speed.