In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am Woman

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
Helen Reddy died.

I remember her TV show back in the early 70's.

RIP

RLTW

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    That is a good one.  She could sing.

I remember the song "Angie Baby" too.  Kind of a dark weird song.
    RLTW

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Loved her voice.

I know it is sacrilege, but her 'Delta Dawn' was much better than Tanya Tucker's version, and her version of 'Ain't no Way to Treat a Lady' was the best of them all.

Agree with you Sam06, 'Angie Baby' was dark, but could be uplifting or disturbing.  Well, maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZy00iHM-8

She has been out of the limelight for years, and has been missed.  I guess it is official now.

RIP Ms. Reddy

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******
    I remember taking my two oldest sons to the theater when they were little to see "Pete's Dragon."  She did a good job acting as well as her singing career.   I will admit that they played "Delta Dawn" so much on the radio back in the day that if I never heard it again it would be alright with me!  :)

I often wondered what ever became of her.  May she RIP

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    I can remember my daughter singing Delta Dawn multiple times a day for months. I was glad when she moved on to the next big thing. :)
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    She was one of my "rhetoricals". Used as answers to obvious questions, the reply was "Is Helen Reddy?"
    I also used: "Did Lucille Ball?" "Was Joel Grey?" "Was Charley Rich?" and so on...
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭