In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

30,000 jobs to end for airlines ?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 I say let the chips fall and let capitalism pick up the pieces for Humpty Dumpty and all the kings men cannot put it back together the way it was. Stop spending we the peoples money to gain votes is my motto!
                                 serf
        Airline executives including the CEOs of American, United, Southwest and JetBlue have been making last-ditch attempts in Washington to persuade lawmakers and Trump officials to provide additional aid as the job cuts loom as early as this week. The proposal has won bipartisan support and could be included in the next national coronavirus aid package.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited September 2020
    Want to lose the maximum amount of money in a minimum amount of time? Invest in an airline. There was no bailout money for Pan Am or Eastern.  I'm surprised Trump is even willing to listen. DJT ended up buying Eastern Airlines at a fire sale price, but Eastern was such a money loser that within one year it nearly bankrupted DJT.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

What speaks volumes to me, is that the Israelis, who have Flight Security down to a Science, have looked at our "System," and are laughing their rear ends off, about our Do not Profile, and letting those in Bhurkas go right on through, while patting down Grandmothers and little kids, etc. It is a Joke.

We WILL get hit again, if the same BS is allowed to stand and "Protect Us."

Yes, us55840 - TSA = "Thousands Standing Around." Unfortunately We are going to find that out (Again,) the hard way.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

The whole Israeli Flight Security System works, BECAUSE it is directly tied to PROFILING. Passengers sit down in a one one one interview, interviewers looking for nervousness, sweating, inconsistent stories, etc. (And) They concentrate on those they have PROFILED, for a reason. Duh.........................

It's not Rocket Surgery here people.