In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stimulus Payments We Received

RjohnsonRjohnson Member Posts: 2
Certain people hate Donald Trump but they should remember something. Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this horrible and terrifying pandemic. The money sure helped me and I'm grateful for it.
I realize that Trump isn't the greatest President that we've ever had. He has some flaws but so do all people. He who is without flaws can cast the first stone. Donald Trump has some flaws but I do believe that he cares about America.

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Although I happen to like DJT, he gave you no money. The President has no money to give, although people think otherwise due to his name appearing on the stimulus check. The money, which is actually an advance on a tax credit, is a result of the CARES Act; a careful series of compromises made between Schumer and Pelosi, and Mitch McConnell.  Although DJT signed the legislation, the CARES Act passed Congress with a veto proof majority: In the case of the US Senate, 96-0. 
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Similar to saying "the President created xxx jobs".  No, businesses created those jobs.  The President facilitated an environment for business to grow, creating a demand for workers.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

All who received a check should thank their children and grandchildren, as that is who is going to pay for it.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

All who received a check should thank their children and grandchildren, as that is who is going to pay for it.

Sad to say, this is (as usual for you) an accurate statement. My niece and nephew are shouldering a burden for the 2008-09 bailout, this bailout- excuse me, "the stimulus package," as well as 20 years years of deficit spending on the War On Terror, and a whole bunch of things like nuclear power station cleanups, all of which we have left waiting for them. In the meantime, we (the Baby Boomers) have set ourselves up nicely. We will be the last to collect full Social Security and Medicare benefits, and if you happen to have a pension, you are blessed, because those have all but vanished.

The forum hardliners love to take shots at the Millennials, but even if it meant I could roll back the clock 35 years, I wouldn't trade places with them for anything! 
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    Plus," this horrible and terrifying pandemic" is a farce handed to you courtesy of the libtards , US government, and counterfeit medical "experts" .
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

, I wouldn't trade places with them for anything! 

You haven't got old enough yet,if you have good health you got about just everything. Watch out for viruses! But Yes our elected officials have mortgage our future to fund the good life for themselves. All Men's governments are all flawed.
                                          serf
  • pravila2pravila2 Member Posts: 2
    Hope everyone on GunBroker goes out and votes.  Hope we all get our families and friends out to vote and VOTE for TRUMP 2020.  If not, Beto will come take away our guns.  :-)  Seriously, we all do need to go vote for TRUMP 2020.  He is the best one of the two.  Lets protect our 2nd Amendment.