In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looks like both sides admit the police did knock in Louisville.

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
From Newslat.com:

"Ms. Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, said in the new recordings that he was “scared to death” when he and Ms. Taylor heard pounding on the door in the middle of the night and got no response to their yelled queries of who was knocking.

The officers involved in the raid, though, insisted in interviews with investigators that they had loudly identified themselves as police before they burst through the door. It was only after one officer was shot, they said, that they opened fired at the couple, killing Ms. Taylor."

Can it just be that the cops managed to strike the source of the muzzle flashes through the blinds?  It's possible. 

From Foxnews:  "According to the recordings, Hankison initially claimed Taylor was the one who shot at officers when they entered her apartment. He said in a March interview heard by the grand jury that Walker told him that Taylor was dead. Hankinson said that Walker said, “she was the one who shot at us.” 

Walker later told investigators that, minutes after the shooting, after he opened fire at police and officers fatally shot Taylor, “One officer told me I was going to jail for the rest of my life,” according to the audio of the proceedings."

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    From the beginning it was known the police knocked on the door before knocking it off of it's hinges.   The police say they announced it was the police, the occupant that fired his weapon stated he did not hear them announce they were the police.   Both sides are most likely telling the truth.    One neighbor stated they did hear the officers say "police" once.  Other neighbors state they did not hear them announce "police".   A surprise warrant served while people are sleeping creates a situation where people aren't going to hear what is first said, because they are waking up.   

This warrant was handled bad and created a bad situation.   Myself I can't fault the occupant for firing his weapon at someone coming through a door they just knocked down and I can't fault the officers for returning fire when fired upon.      

IMO this is not a case where a surprise early morning raid was needed and there in lies the issue.   But that is hardly addressed as multiple factions twist and turn things for their own agendas.    The real problem is not addressed in the media.

As a side note anyone can yell they are the police.    Knocking down doors is a risky activity.   The justifications used for that approach in this case doesn't hold water with me.   The officers weren't the problem, the protocol and the powers that allow it are the problem.   
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Does not matter to the core followers in The BLM movement.  Yep dope dealers have been rip-off by competitors saying they are police. If you live by the sword you die by the sword.  The Cops just wanted it to be the suspects instead of them. Can they charge the boyfriend for her murder? If they could the BLM surely would riot again you think?

serf
  • Options
    If they charge him with her murder I may riot myself.   So many people do not see the forest for the trees.   What ever else he is or may be, at the time the door came off the hinges and armed men entered he was just a man protecting himself and his girlfriend.   He did not hear the police announce themselves and a lot of other witnesses didn't either.   What should be on trial here is the procedures and protocols of serving warrants, not the participants.  But again, people aren't seeing the forest for the trees.  Police work is dangerous enough for the officers and the public without the methods adding to it.    

We know if someone wants to fight no amount of warnings or proper procedures are going to change that.  That isn't the case here.    

I've read quite a bit about the people involved and they are not model citizens nor or they the type of people I want to hang out with.   But none of that matters when evaluating the protocols and procedures used in the serving of warrants.

• Options
    SCOUT5 said:
    If they charge him with her murder I may riot myself.   So many people do not see the forest for the trees.   What ever else he is or may be, at the time the door came off the hinges and armed men entered he was just a man protecting himself and his girlfriend.   He did not hear the police announce themselves and a lot of other witnesses didn't either.   What should be on trial here is the procedures and protocols of serving warrants, not the participants.  But again, people aren't seeing the forest for the trees.  Police work is dangerous enough for the officers and the public without the methods adding to it.    

We know if someone wants to fight no amount of warnings or proper procedures are going to change that.  That isn't the case here.    

I've read quite a bit about the people involved and they are not model citizens nor or they the type of people I want to hang out with.   But none of that matters when evaluating the protocols and procedures used in the serving of warrants.

SCOUT5 said:

They been saying that since The Waco Fiasco but Black's could have cared less about a bunch of white religious zealot getting burn out by Liberal Democrats back then, did they? So I say your point is mute.It's about being black and being a Democrat Marxist.
                                              serf

• Options
    serf said:

They been saying that since The Waco Fiasco but Black's could have cared less about a bunch of white religious zealot getting burn out by Liberal Democrats back then, did they? So I say your point is mute.It's about being black and being a Democrat Marxist.
                                              serf

You posted about what happened the night Taylor died.  I addressed part of that and my opinion that the issue has been used for agenda driven purposes " But that is hardly addressed as multiple factions twist and turn things for their own agendas.    The real problem is not addressed in the media."  You wanting to discuss BLM does not make my points mute.   What happened that night has nothing to do with BLM, what happened later does but not the events of that night.  You are allowing them to dictate the narrative.   

Again an example of not seeing the forest for the trees.

• Options
    There would be no outcry from a national organization if not for the BLM .To try to say we need to change the law on how law enforcement arrest people in open lawful  manner with egress is commendable but it will never happen. No one did nothing when 37 died at The Waco Incidence and Nothing will be done now. You resist arrest and you will be taken down one way or another and firing a firearm at police is going to get you serious repercussions.
                   Now if they waited until he left the premise and then apprehend him then it might have been different. IT'S THE SAME THING THEY SAID ABOUT KORESH AT WACO.  They will not change this manner of operation back then and won't now in the future.
                                                              serf