In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ensuring Uptake of Vaccines against SARS-CoV-2

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Politics
They have a plan and it will be mandated if all else fails for herd immunity.
               serf

The last criterion is that vaccination mandates are imposed only after a time-limited trial of voluntary vaccine provision has proved unsuccessful. Principles of public health ethics support trying less burdensome policies before moving to more burdensome ones whenever possible. In this case, the costs of a failed voluntary scheme are sufficiently high that the attempt should be limited to a matter of weeks. States should implement a system for measuring vaccine uptake within each high-priority group against a set of coverage targets. Ensuring that the economic and logistic supports described above are in place will maximize the chances for success.
      As with social distancing orders, we can expect that the advent of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will spark intense clashes of feeling about what people owe to one another in the fight against the pandemic. In contrast to earlier phases of the pandemic, though, we currently have some time on our side. Careful deliberation now about state vaccination policy can help ensure that we have a strategy when the breakthrough comes.

Comments

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    Barzillia said:
    Yep.

More or less.
          Yep and under The Biden administration which is going to be ugly real fast if my crystal ball is working right, Trump could be dead by then but no I am not hoping/wishing him to die. I think the Democrats this time around can win more  votes in rural areas to avoid what happen to Hillary. But I could be wrong. Now we have a new possible President,Pence you think?
                                                         serf

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    all the rural areas around here got trump signage