In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sweetness is leaving

kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
I am sending my son an old pre-64 model 70 270 that i passed on to him around 15 years ago. I got it from my dad when I was 14 and took everything I hunted from jack rabbits to a shiras moose with a 150 grain hornady load I worked up back in the 80's. He has always left the rifle here no matter where he lived and I never thought a thing about it. just a gun right. Today when I packed her away for the trip to his wedding in Nashville I started getting misty, been there and done that with this rifle and now she's leaving. but hell it's just a gun right

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    that makes room to buy a new one!!!       

I know the feeling though, son got married last august, gave him an old 8 gun safe this spring and a couple shotguns, old single shot 22lr my grampa gave me and a good bit of ammo for each, first thing he said was where is the 30-06 dad??  He sort of took it over the last few years.  I was out shooting just last week and with the way my eyes are getting I can't see the crosshairs in the 30-06 scope, they are to fine, so it looks like I will be giving him it also on the next visit.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Never underestimate a family heirloom as just a gun. Be glad to have someone to pass it down to. My daughter plans to permanently live in Mexico..........I will have no one to mine to.
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    Your daughter is going to live in Mexico?   That is wild.  Where is she going to live there?  Why?
    Is she married to a Mexican guy?  
    I have spent many months traveling around, and living  in Mexico.  Very interesting country, and I speak Spanish.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    That is just the sweetest......congratulations!    There are so many who don't have people to pass things along to.   Its awesome to know your favorite rifle will continue on this way.    
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    It is just a gun.  The memories are yours to keep.  He will make more memories.  Write down some of the best of yours and send them to him.  Together you can begin a family legacy and memory to last for generations, or at least as long as we are allowed our constitutional right.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Your daughter is going to live in Mexico?   That is wild.  Where is she going to live there?  Why?
    Is she married to a Mexican guy?  
    I have spent many months traveling around, and living  in Mexico.  Very interesting country, and I speak Spanish.
    She lived there for many years with my ex who is Colombian. She is only 16yo but is determined to move back there....probably Guadalajara. She lives here right now. I also speak fluent Spanish but I could not be paid to live in Latin America anywhere. I have been to every Central American country plus Colombia and Puerto Rico many times. I lived in Panama for awhile (US Army).
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Be strong.. you will see it again
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    You're fortunate if you don't have an anti-gun daughter and you can leave a gun to a child who'll cherish it.