In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alert to all: BATFE has issued a ruling that may affect some here

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

This new ruling by the BATFE may affect some of you here and I wanted to ensure y'all were aware of it. By fiat, BATFE has classified a particular AR pistol equipped with a brace (sold by Q LLC) as an SBR. The particular ruling may have further reaching effects in the future. More details here:

The cease and desist letter is here:

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love Gubmint.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Train Wreck coming along time ago. Braces.. short barrel rifles...  Sold mine, along with the bumpy stock.
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Sooner or later.
  • Options

People that shoot their vehicle might want to look into getting some type of brace.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

People that shoot their vehicle might want to look into getting some type of brace.

Kinda hilarious you keep bringing this up. Funnier the state you live in does not allow Class 3. Funnier still I had one and sold it after 38 yrs.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the specifics of this firearm but it's been well known that one must be VERY careful about the "features" incorporated into or added to the hand guard(especially an AR pistol) which may give the impression that the firearm is no longer "designed to be fired using one hand".
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    This ruling has not yet been extended to pistol braces in general but only this specific pistol.
  • Options
    drobs said:
    This ruling has not yet been extended to pistol braces in general but only this specific pistol.

Correct.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    Since AR-style rifles are not my thing and it may get a laugh from some folks for this question, but does this mean that if it has less than a 16" barrel, it must have a buffer tube instead of any type of stock or brace or it will be considered a SBR?
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

I'm confused. What was the violation here.

• Options
    Captplaid said:

I'm confused. What was the violation here.

It wasn't a violation until after the policy was changed. Making criminals as it were.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Well Govt has changed . Not in the best way either. Executive orders bypassing legislation. Makes the gun owners real nervous just what could happen. The Dem VP running now wants gun confiscation. Politics who is in charge of what organization seems to matter now. Rules being changed all the time. Yes the sky could be falling but as a firearm owner expect some sort of change. Resistance thru the courts will stall their agenda. But in reality the manufacturers stretch to see how far firearms can go. Installing a brace..ie..stock on a pistol and just seeing if it will pass. Well it might one administration but no guarantees the next will accept.  Seen street sweepers get reclassified. Bump stocks are gone. That only fuels the fire that citizens will take the rulings.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Well Govt has changed . Not in the best way either. Executive orders bypassing legislation. Makes the gun owners real nervous just what could happen. The Dem VP running now wants gun confiscation. Politics who is in charge of what organization seems to matter now. Rules being changed all the time. Yes the sky could be falling but as a firearm owner expect some sort of change. Resistance thru the courts will stall their agenda. But in reality the manufacturers stretch to see how far firearms can go. Installing a brace..ie..stock on a pistol and just seeing if it will pass. Well it might one administration but no guarantees the next will accept.  Seen street sweepers get reclassified. Bump stocks are gone. That only fuels the fire that citizens will take the rulings.
    Yep, What we are seeing is another step of the "Incremental" approach as a means to take away our Second Amendment right.
    ARs are clearly Americas most popular rifle and DEMOCRATs consider them as low hanging fruit  in their attacks on the Second. With gun grabbers such as Beto, and Kamila in positions of power sadly one can see the end approaching.

To those who believe it is only semi autos on the hit list, think back during the Clinton Era when the gun grabbers wanted to ban handguns. Acceptance of CC nationwide put a halt on handgun bans, but once semi autos are gone, you can be certain handguns will be next.  

It is my understanding GOA is going to fight this ruling, 
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    FIRE MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell President Trump to Rein in the ATF
    link provided by the GOA

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl.fastly.net/widget/oneclick/9848