In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The FK BRNO Field Pistol Next Gotta have it?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 Looks like a extend Sig. 357 cartridge for the platform. A whopping 1700 dollars if you can find one.

serf
            https://fkbrnous.com/

The FK BRNO Field Pistol

is the world’s first of its kind. It carries the fire power of a rifle with the size, weight and handling of a pistol. To find out what makes the FK Field Pistol so special, head over to our FK BRNO page.

Comments

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

$1650 RETAIL PRICE            About $80 per 50 ctgs.  +/-

The 7.5 FK is a completely new proprietary cartridge caliber. The case is 27 mm long with a total length of 35 mm, and a head diameter of 10.8 mm. This caliber is not a necked-down version of any other caliber. The case is designed to withstand higher pressures than usually used in pistol calibers.

Bullet diameter - 7.8 mm ... 0.3071 cal.

Muzzle velocity:610 m/s  (2000 fps)
    Velocity at 100 m (110 yds): 465 m/s  (1525 fps)
    Muzzle energy: 1200 J  (880 ft/lbs)
    Energy at 100 m (110yds): 700 J  (520 ft/lbs)
    Bullets weights:

Monolithic HP and JHP bullets: 95gr
    Monolithic flat nose bullets: 101gr

Dimensions
    Case length:

27 mm

Total length:

35 mm

Head diameter:

10.8 m

1200 1jpg

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    According to their website, the 7.5FK Field Pistol lists at $7500.00 and weighs 8 lbs.

7.5 FK FIELD PISTOL

$7,500.00

The 7.5 FK Field pistol is a single action, tilting barrel type mechanism, with a proprietary recoil attenuating system. This is not a modified design of another product or pistol model. This is a completely new and unique concept and design, and the intellectual rights to the system have been registered and claimed by FK Brno. The Design is very ergonomic, and even though the magazine holds 16 35 mm long rounds, the smallest hands will be able to fully wrap around the optimally angled grip of the pistol. The frame and slide are very slender and streamlined for such a size cartridge and caliber.

7.5 FK FIELD PISTOL quantity
    Weight8 lbs
    My guess is that BRNO doesn't have an English speaking proof reader inhouse... :/;)

Best.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't impress me. The bullets are for all practical purposes, 30 caliber. Same as used in the 7.62 X 25 Tokarev.  That have been in  use for over 100 years, dating to the Broom Handle Mauser of the 1890's. 

The Czechs loaded there 7.62 X 25 Ammo, to 1600 FPS. For the 400 FPS difference, it wouldn't be worth the $1650 if I could pick up a surplus Polish or Romanian Toke for $300 or less. The Serbian PPU 7.62 X 25 ammo, runs $35 a box. Don't think it's loaded as hot, as the old Czech sub gun ammo though?
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    You can buy Sig .357 ammo that hot already almost.
                        serf
       357 Sig. 60 gr. TFSP 2410 fps / 774 flbs

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoots their 30 cal, 10mm, .40 and 9mm.
    Do you really want one? 

$1650 RETAIL PRICE AVAILABLE NOW ORDER YOURS TODAY

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭
    What am I missing? I see $1650 vs $7,500 retail?
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    What am I missing? I see $1650 vs $7,500 retail?

$1650 RETAIL PRICE AVAILABLE NOW ORDER YOURS TODAY

FK PSD MULTI-CALIBER PISTOL

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    The less expensive model is the Multi-Caliber model as pointed out. The expensive one is the Field Pistol model.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    According to their website, the 7.5FK Field Pistol lists at $7500.00 and weighs 8 lbs.

7.5 FK FIELD PISTOL

$7,500.00

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Military Arms Channel has videos on YouTube on both the $7500 version and the $1600 version. The Field Pistol is nicer looking but I don’t think it will sell that well at $7500. Sure some people will buy it but the polymer one will be their big seller. Bring the field pistol down to the $3000 range and they will sell, hell lots of people are buying high end 1911’s at that price. The big advantage of this pistol is magnum velocity and power but due to the weight and recoil system recoil on .45acp level.

• Options
    ruger41 said:

The Field Pistol is nicer looking but I don’t think it will sell that well at $7500. Sure some people will buy it but the polymer one will be their big seller. Bring the field pistol down to the $3000 range and they will sell, hell lots of people are buying high end 1911’s at that price.

I was down in Central Illinois visiting Dick Heinie at his shop in the early '90s. I was looking at his vertical mill converted to CNC. Great conversation which as always reverted to how business was doing. Remember, a couple of years before, he was a full time machinist at an implement repair shop doing custom 1911s on weekends and evenings. He grinned and walked over to his huge safe, opened the door. All six shelves were absolutely full front to back with pistols waiting for him to start on. He told me he was backed up 5 years. Dick was getting somewhere along the lines of $5,000/custom pistol THEN!
    Later in the '90s Gunsite was the same way. Very high end pistols selling for high prices.

Like Perazzi shotguns, there always seems to be a market for top end firearms.

I have no doubt that these will sell even at this inflated price.

Best.