In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can't relist damaged item as required in Credit Request filing.

Sold a rifle to Florida  buyer and shipped thru USPS. Rifle was received by FFL dealer to whom it was addressed , Buyer informed me that rifle was received with a broken stock . The buyer was refunded the full amount and had the rifle returned to me (RTS). The case was settled amicably and here's the problem. I want to recover the fees Gunbroker collected from the sale of the rifle. I filed  a Credit Request but can't submit it because policy says the item must first be relisted.  I have no intention of  re-selling the item because it has a broken stock . If I relist it what if somebody bid on it ? How do I proceed with the filing of the Credit Request ? I'm a newbie as a seller in GB , any help from the experts is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Relist it stating it has a broken stock with a 1,000,000.00 reserve. That should satisfy GB.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Relist it as broken stock and the price you received from it the first time and get in line for a refund of fees. I don't blame you at all and i want the person from USPS that paid your claim that denied me my claim, and denied the appeal. They were total azzes to me.

I stand to correct my post on second and third thought. On any firearm that of of any value, like 400 up, I now get a hardcase and so far USPS hasn't broken one since. So as Todd said, it really isn't GB. But damn when I packed up a 800 Mach 2 like a tank, no hardcase and arrived broken in half, 
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Since GB didn't ship the gun, I don't see how they are responsible to refund you the seller fee. Sure, it sucks, but you should have included the fees in your claim to USPS. I've had to go thru the same process with all 3 of the major shippers. Some lessons cost more than others to learn. Sorry for your loss, but keep on marching forward, things will work out okay.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    If you didn't insure the shipment, that is on you.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    You can not get your fees refunded without relisting the item. That is a hard fast rule. 
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Relist it with an opening bid of what it originally sold for PLUS the fees and costs you incurred.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    You're already ahead.  The buyer received a full refund, & you have a busted rifle that has to be worth something.  I would have expected the shipper's insurer to ask for what's left of the rifle.  Go ahead & list the busted rifle; I think that you will be amazed at how much someone is willing to pay for it.  (Here's the perfect case for listing something AS IS.)
    But, if you really think that you are also due a refund of your original listing/sale fee, go ahead & file a Customer Service request.  Mr Broker isn't an entirely heartless man.  If you ask real nice, & he's in a good mood, he may just be willing to give you a credit.  Please let us know how it turns out.
    Neal
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    If you buy groceries and have a flat tire on the way home would the grocery store be responsible for refunding your money for the food that spoiled?
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com