In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Reason to Like NAFTA ...

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Aguila Ammo estb. 1961.
Makers of affordable, consistently accurate and clean ammo. I have shot their 60gr .22LR sniper subsonic to their 230gr .45ACP-FMJ, without any complaints. They always went BANG !
The Big Green, should draw close and pay heed .......
I would be interested to hear other opinions of Aguila.
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    I don't have an experienced opinion on Aguila, but have heard many times it's good ammo. As far as NAFTA goes, Aguila is still welcome to sell their ammo in the US without NAFTA, right?
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Surprising accuracy out of my 10/22 build. Super Extra 40gr shot better than most including CCI and even Eley Tenex. That's good for me because it is the least expensive by far and I have about 2500 rounds on hand that I got before any of the panic buying. Bob
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

How is it on leaves? 🤔

I've got a bunch of it, from the 40 gr, to the 60 gr Sniper SubSonic (SSS) to 29 gr High Velocity Shorts.

I keep my Browning Buckmark Micro loaded with the 60 gr SSS.

I always have been very pleased with it.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

How is it on leaves? 🤔

I've got a bunch of it, from the 40 gr, to the 60 gr Sniper SubSonic (SSS) to 29 gr High Velocity Shorts.

I keep my Browning Buckmark Micro loaded with the 60 gr SSS.

I always have been very pleased with it.

Since the leaves are already dead Ken, I think that the question is irrelevant..... ;)
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

How is it on leaves? 🤔

Glad to see your sense of humor

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the subsonic ammo they make.  I got a few bricks of it and it shoots fine.  Its fairly quite and accurate and will run in my older 10/22.  I mostly use it in my Romanian trainer.

I must admit I have not shot any of their center fire ammo.
    RLTW

• Options
    My Marlin Mod. 60 that will print cloverleafs all day long at 75yds., but ONLY with CCI Stingers, likes Aguila's 22LR 40gr. SUPER EXTRA ! I love shooting this rifle and tried the Super Extra's when Stinger supplies dried up. Nearly 50 years of high cost Stingers ... equaled by  Mexican Ammo. 😉😎
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    I like their 22 ammo too. Good stuff in my opinion.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    does it smell like tacos when you shoot it??????????
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Day old refried beans.
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

No funny smell when fired, but the empty cases do a neat little hat dance when they hit the ground.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    Sad to say, No worm to eat either !
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    I've tested all the .22LR ammo varieties that Augila sells in the US. I have never had a misfire in any handgun or rifle I have fired them in. However, I find that the accuracy is often not up to par. I often find that a 5-shot group will have 4 shots closely arranged, but the 5th is well outside the area of the others. Also, that 5th shot is almost always low and to the left for some reason. I have not studied the sequence to determine if there is any consistency as to which round in a series is usually the odd duck. 
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    truthful said:
    I've tested all the .22LR ammo varieties that Augila sells in the US. I have never had a misfire in any handgun or rifle I have fired them in. However, I find that the accuracy is often not up to par. I often find that a 5-shot group will have 4 shots closely arranged, but the 5th is well outside the area of the others. Also, that 5th shot is almost always low and to the left for some reason. I have not studied the sequence to determine if there is any consistency as to which round in a series is usually the odd duck. 
      Maybe it's your barrel heating up too much.I know you have to tune a bow to an arrow,don't know how much tuning needs to be on a barrel and a bullet however.
                                                          serf

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    My Anschutz 1413 sure likes it!
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I have 4000 rounds of the Super Extra 40grain that’s in the red and yellow box stored back. I really like this ammo, very consistent. Actually I will go as far as to say I prefer it over most American manufactured ammo. It is just hard to argue with success in accuracy that I have had with this ammo. And that’s in several rifles I have used it in.

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    years ago bought 12K of 22lr  sup max hyper vel 1750 fps  30 gr HP  and got lots left ....great stuff and makes  great varmint round ...SPLAT!!!
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Could never get the 60 grain sss to shoot good out of a 1-16 22lr but their other ammo has been ok.

• Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭
     Had a 9mm blow out at the rim, that was wierd. No more for me
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    I shoot the sub-sonic hollow point Aguila ammo (not the 60 grain) and it's good(great in a couple of guns). Also use the "Super Colibri" on the trapline and it's OK @ 10'.