In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sounds like WA has their own group fed up with Fascist Fergie

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,357 ***** Forums Admin
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,357 ***** Forums Admin
    Matt Larkin is the man for AG.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    From the Washington State Constitution:

ARTICLE I SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

The citizens of Washington in the past 5 or 6 years have passed initiatives that directly contradict Article 1, Section 24.

Initiative 1639 as voted in November of 2018 as reference in the article, but Initiative 594 passed in 2014.  

The good citizens of Washington can * all they want about Ferguson, and he is a dirt-bag, IMO, but it was a strong majority of the citizens that supported obstructing this right.  I was once a resident of Spokane County, WA and would bemoan how the west side liberal idiots were destroying my state.  When the idiots of Spokane County voted to support both of these initiatives, it became obvious that the problem had become a state-wide failure of the simple understanding of the importance of the individual, and it was time to move.

You can fight city hall, but you cannot fight city hall and your neighbors.  It became apparent that my belief system was no longer welcome in the state, and I left.

As stated, Ferguson is a problem, but to paraphrase Pogo, you have met the enemy, and it is you.

Good luck Washington.  You have lost your soul, and it is not Bob Ferguson's fault.  
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele