In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

We Are Never Alone

bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
I slipped out the back door last night with  my little 22 rifle to go e-mano e-possumo with a cat food thief.
Just as I was about to "speak" to the possum I got one of those feelings that I was not alone.
So I glanced behind me and there, under the Oak trees off the front yard was Mr. Black, munching on acorns.
As I watched, a deer appeared in the background, milled around a bit then skedaddled.
I wonder if he smelled me or the bear?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"

Comments

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭

That’s pretty cool!

How close were you to the bear?

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭

Possums have to eat to! It’s our county animal, should be state animal.

Possum, bear, deer and no telling what else, beautiful it is.

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    30-40 yards.  She has been hanging around for some time.  I've got her on several game cameras.  She has been well behaved...so far, even ignoring the bird feeder.  Previous bears have been garbage thieves, scattering trash well up into the woods so I built a trash dock and electrified it
    We have fruit trees and berries galore which seems to bring them in.
    Most folks are scared of bears because they don't understand them.
    I'm assuming this is a sow w/o cubs because she has been hanging around for so long.  I'm just amazed she didn't run when I was walking around the yard.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
     nice back yard pet . I guess good for you allow them to live and let live, except the possums LOL 
         I just hauled off two opossum's   different nights , but still have our three  skunk buddies hanging around . 
     not sure if my wife would be Ok with bears hanging around .  and my live traps are a bit small for such pest ....then again as you say if you don't know much about them or understand them ( I just understand they can put a hurt or worse on me )  so far far away from me is best